Reports display only one page

Stimulsoft Reports.Silverlight discussion
millerel47

Reports display only one page

Post by millerel47 »

I am evaluating your software for use with a Lightswitch 2011 application on Windows 7 and Visual Studio 2010. I downloaded the Silverlight 4 version and installed it. I followed the two videos you have that describe how to set up Reports.Silverlight for use with lightswitch. Everything seemed to be working fine until I noticed that only the first page of any report was displayed. To be more precise, one page plus the first line of the second page plus any header and footer info. I could reduce the font size of the report and get more data to display on that first page (e.g. 100 or so rows or lines) but again the report would end after displaying only that first page plus one line of the second page. In addition, if I had a report footer defined with a total count on it, that abbreviated second page would show the record count of the entire table or collection. So obviously the report engine had access to the whole table; it was just stopping for some reason after showing only the first page plus one line. Could this be due to some setting I have overlooked on my part? Is there some problem intrinsic to using your software with Lightswitch? I have been surprised that such a potentially useful piece of software has not found its way to more general acceptance within the Lightswitch community...

If you have any suggestions on what I could do to overcome this problem I would certainly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Ed
Alex K.

Re: Reports display only one page

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

We need some additional time for check the issue.

Thank you.
millerel47

Post by millerel47 »

Has anyone had a chance to look into this?
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Sorry for the delay with response.
Please check the last release with Silverlight 5 and let us know about the result. If the issue still present please send us a sample project which reproduce the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
millerel47

Post by millerel47 »

Using Silverlight 5 did not make any difference in the results as previously explained. I created a new Lightswitch 2011 project using the Northwind database and followed the directions in your Article by Klaus of 15 Sept 2011 EXACTLY. Got the same results where only the first page plus one line on the second page is displayed or printed. Do you have any thoughts as to what could be causing this?
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Unfortunately, it is working as is in Lightswitch. In some cases due to the technical issues in Lightswitch designer render only one pages. And on current moment we couldn't fix this problem, it is working as is. Sorry.

Thank you.
fanta

Post by fanta »

Any news about this issue? Is there any workaround?

Thanks
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Unfortunately, there is no any news.
What problem do you have?

Thank you.