Display a filter on a report

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
MerChen

Display a filter on a report

Post by MerChen »

Hi all, is there any way to display the exact filter in a report? I have a high level summary report that when viewed some time later, is difficult to know what filter was applied. I currently try to get around this by naming the pdf file appropriately, but the filters can be rather complicated for some reports.

Thanks,
Chen.
HighAley

Re: Display a filter on a report

Post by HighAley »

Hello, Chen.

The filter is not stored in the rendered report.
Maybe we don't exactly understand your question. Could you describe your issue more detailed?

Thank you.
MerChen

Post by MerChen »

Thanks for your reply Aleksey. I think you got it. I didn't think it was possible, but wanted to check. As an example, let's say I have an employee report. I filter it for Country Code "US", Business Unit "IT", Location Code "New York", FLSA Code "Exempt". The report shows me various statistics like what the average age, salary, job tenure, etc. of the employees that meet these criteria are. However, if I don't name the pdf report intelligently, at a later date, I may forget what filter was applied to the report. Also, other colleagues viewing the report won't know what filter was applied when the report was run. It would be great if the report could therefore display the filter applied.
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

As we understand you need to know the values of the request from user variables that is used in data band filters.
There are many way to do this.
1. You could add a text component on the report page and show the variables there.
2. You could add a tool tips with the filtering values on data bands.
3. You could export to PDF filter values as keywords.

If you need more detailed answer we need to see your report template with sample data.

Thank you.