StiMySqlDatabase does not contain a constructor that takes 5

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
grahampcharles

StiMySqlDatabase does not contain a constructor that takes 5

Post by grahampcharles »

I recently updated from version 2012.1 to 2015. I am also using the new 2015 MySqlDatabase component.

Now my reports are failing to run in the Designer (or in runtime) -- I get an error "StiMySqlDatabase does not contain a constructor that takes 5 arguments" (and a similar error on StiMySqlSource -- but 8 arguments).

The Report Checker takes me to these lines of auto-generated code:

Code: Select all

public dataSourceNameDataSource() : 
    base("Connection1", "dataSourceName", "dataSourceName", "", true, false, 30, null)
 {   }
and

this.Dictionary.Databases.Add(
    new Stimulsoft.Report.Dictionary.StiMySqlDatabase("Connection1", "Connection1", "SERVER=servername;UID=username;PWD=password;DATABASE=databasename;PORT=3306;", false, null));
Any advice on how I can make my MySql data sources work with Reports.Net 2015?

Thanks,

g.
Alex K.

Re: StiMySqlDatabase does not contain a constructor that tak

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please try to download from the site last dataadapter and compile it with new version.

Thank you.
grahampcharles

Post by grahampcharles »

I have already done that, as I mentioned:

> I am also using the new 2015 MySqlDatabase component.

Any other ideas?

g.
grahampcharles

Post by grahampcharles »

OK, it seems you left out some constructors from your MySql adapter code, the ones that support the extra `string key` parameter you've added. I downloaded the latest from this page: < http://www.stimulsoft.com/en/downloads/database-packs >. Then I added these two constructors:

/// <summary>
        /// Creates a new object of the type StiMySqlDatabase, accepting an unknown fifth parameter.
        /// </summary>
        public StiMySqlDatabase(string name, string alias, string connectionString, bool promptUserNameAndpassword, string key)
            :
            base(name, alias, connectionString, promptUserNameAndpassword, key)
        {
        }

/// <summary>
        /// Creates a new object of the type StiMySqlSource, accepting an unknown fifth parameter.
        /// </summary>
        public StiMySqlSource(string nameInSource, string name, string alias, string sqlCommand, bool connectOnStart, bool reconnectOnEachRow, int commandTimeout, string key)
            :
            base(nameInSource, name, alias, sqlCommand, connectOnStart, reconnectOnEachRow, commandTimeout, key) 
        {
        }

Rebuilt, and now everything works as it should. Patch time maybe? Or did my wires get crossed somewhere?

g.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

In the last version was changes in the databases and in adapters. You need use the constructors with additional parameter "key".

Thank you.
grahampcharles

Post by grahampcharles »

> In the last version was changes in the databases and in adapters. You need use the constructors with additional parameter "key".

Yes, I needed those constructors, which is why I had to write them myself. Are you not understanding me? YOUR CODE -- AS POSTED TODAY -- DOESN'T HAVE THE CONSTRUCTORS. I had to fix your adapter code. Your code is *broken*. Ponyatno?
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. We found that on our site placed not latest version of data adapters.

Thank you.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (78.93 KiB) Viewed 2726 times
rksaskia

Post by rksaskia »

The Solution don't work.
The Engine produce code with a Constructor with 8 parameters:
this.Dictionary.Databases.Add(new Stimulsoft.Report.Dictionary.StiSQLiteDatabase("SaskiaReport", "SaskiaReport", "Data Source=C:\\...\\SASKIAREPORT.s3db;Journal Mode=Off;Synchronous=Off;", false, null));

I try to add the constructor in SQlite-Database-Package:
public StiSQLiteDatabase(string nameInSource, string name, string alias, string sqlCommand, bool connectOnStart, bool reconnectOnEachRow, int commandTimeout, string key)
:
base(nameInSource, name, alias, sqlCommand, connectOnStart, reconnectOnEachRow, commandTimeout, key)
{
}

I get the error:
Fehler 2 'Stimulsoft.Report.Dictionary.StiSqlDatabase' enthält keinen Konstruktor, der 8-Argumente akzeptiert. (StiSqlDatabase has no constructor with 8 parameters)

The base-class has no such constructor!!

What is the solution? Please help!!
Attachments
stimulsoft.JPG
stimulsoft.JPG (136.67 KiB) Viewed 2718 times
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Sorry, but you are trying to add a constructor of StiSQLiteDatabase with arguments from StiSqlSource.
StiSQLiteDatabase has no such arguments. Do you need to add constructor for SQL Database or SQL Source?

Thank you.
rksaskia

Post by rksaskia »

Hello,
what I need? I need a working SQLite-Support!

The focus of development is too much on BI-Server.
QM out of order?

Greetings