2013.1 Update

Stimulsoft Reports.UWP discussion
adamaka

2013.1 Update

Post by adamaka »

I was using the 2012.3 release previously. I've just updated the app to use the newest version, and it broke some things. Is the Top/Bottom app bar no longer integrated? I set my StiOptions.Viewer.IntegrateToTheTopAppBar = true, however when I try to set some properties on the TopAppBar of my page (this.TopAppBar.Background = [Something]), it says the app bar is null. This code used to work. Do I need to declare my app bar in xaml now?

Also the viewerControl.ToobarPanel seems to be reworked. Its children used to consist of StiButtons and Borders. Now it seems to only have RibbonGroups. Can you tell me the changes, or is there a list of changes, or is there an example of these new features so I can update my app?

Thanks
adamaka

Re: 2013.1 Update

Post by adamaka »

Ok, I added the Top and Bottom app bars in xaml (apparently I do need to declare them now, even if they are blank) and I see the new ribbon controls. I thought you were moving TOWARDS Microsoft standards, not AWAY. The design guidelines state is detail how an application bar should look, and how to design buttons for them. This is not in keeping with the rest of my app's design now. Is there an option to set the application bar style back to what it used to look like? Or, is there now a way to access the viewer commands directly so I can create my own app bar and call those commands?
adamaka

Post by adamaka »

I tried looking at your sample projects "IngetrationOfTheAppBarViewerOnTheUserPage". It throws an error when you toggle either app bar on or off and click Apply.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,
adamaka wrote:I was using the 2012.3 release previously. I've just updated the app to use the newest version, and it broke some things. Is the Top/Bottom app bar no longer integrated? I set my StiOptions.Viewer.IntegrateToTheTopAppBar = true, however when I try to set some properties on the TopAppBar of my page (this.TopAppBar.Background = [Something]), it says the app bar is null. This code used to work. Do I need to declare my app bar in xaml now?
Also the viewerControl.ToobarPanel seems to be reworked. Its children used to consist of StiButtons and Borders. Now it seems to only have RibbonGroups. Can you tell me the changes, or is there a list of changes, or is there an example of these new features so I can update my app?
Please check the sample project in the attachment.
adamaka wrote:Ok, I added the Top and Bottom app bars in xaml (apparently I do need to declare them now, even if they are blank) and I see the new ribbon controls. I thought you were moving TOWARDS Microsoft standards, not AWAY. The design guidelines state is detail how an application bar should look, and how to design buttons for them. This is not in keeping with the rest of my app's design now. Is there an option to set the application bar style back to what it used to look like? Or, is there now a way to access the viewer commands directly so I can create my own app bar and call those commands?
Unfortunately, it is not possible. Only from source code.

Thank you.
Attachments
Designer.RT.zip
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 1020 times