RTF List Fields Displaying Wingding Clock as Bullet

Stimulsoft Reports.Silverlight discussion
penny

RTF List Fields Displaying Wingding Clock as Bullet

Post by penny »

Hello,
I am using the RTF Control in Silverlight to render RTF. The Raw RTF is uploaded as attachment bullet_issue.rtf and the rendering is uploaded as attachment bullet_issue.png. Any help is appreciated on this issue.

- Philip
Attachments
Rendering of issue
Rendering of issue
bullet_issue.png (2.08 KiB) Viewed 5330 times
bullet_issue.rtf
Raw RTF
(6.13 KiB) Downloaded 337 times
HighAley

Re: RTF List Fields Displaying Wingding Clock as Bullet

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

How did you create this file?
Please, try to create it with WordPad, because Word make it too large and writes in the rtf-file much unnecessary information.

Thank you.
penny

Post by penny »

Hi,
I created this file using Rad RichTextBox control. I have just gone and viewed this file in WordPad and the same issue appears in WordPad also.
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.
penny wrote:I created this file using Rad RichTextBox control. I have just gone and viewed this file in WordPad and the same issue appears in WordPad also.
It seems that the Rad RichTextBox control creates wrong rtf file if you have the same issue in WordPad.
We use standard .Net Framework method for working with Rich Text.

Thank you.
mriggall

Post by mriggall »

Hi, I'm curious, I thought that the Silverlight version of stimulsoft couldn't display rich text format and you have to use HTML tags instead?

Has there been some change to support RTF in the silverlight version of the report control?

Thanks

Matt
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Unfortunately, due to limitations of silverlight the rich text component is not supporting in SL version.

Thank you.
mriggall

Post by mriggall »

Thanks Aleksey

But the original poster said they used the RTF control in Silverlight to render RTF? How could they do this if you say the rich text component is not supported in SL?
penny wrote:Hello,
I am using the RTF Control in Silverlight to render RTF. The Raw RTF is uploaded as attachment bullet_issue.rtf and the rendering is uploaded as attachment bullet_issue.png. Any help is appreciated on this issue.

- Philip
Thanks

Matt
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

The standard RichTextBox component is Silverlight works in a completely different format, it stores all text in the xaml format and this text can not be used in any other products, because it is not rtf text.

Thank you.