Report with barcode not work

Stimulsoft Reports.Silverlight discussion
victorperez2911

Report with barcode not work

Post by victorperez2911 »

Hi,

I'm testing the reporting component for Silverlight and am having the following problem:

If I print a report with EAN13 barcode directly of my application, the barcode is unreadable by the barcode reader, but if I save to PDF file and print, works normally.

Is there any configuration required to print correctly the Report Designer?

Victor Perez
Alex K.

Re: Report with barcode not work

Post by Alex K. »

Hello, Victor

In Silverlight, there are very big problems with printing, for which we cannot influence in any way. This is limitation of the Silverlight technology.
When a report is printed, we pass an object to the system from components which create a barcode.

If you are using Silverlight 4, the system converts the object to an image of the BMP format and sometimes it is not very good quality. This causes the barcode distorted.
If you are using Silverlight 5, and you have a printer that supports PostScript then printing goes as vector objects (without converting it to a picture). The quality will be much better.

Due to these restrictions we recommend you using printing via PDF. There will be no loss of quality.

Thank you.
victorperez2911

Post by victorperez2911 »

However'm using SL 5, any suggestions?
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

If you are using Silverlight 5, and you have a printer that supports PostScript then printing goes as vector objects (without converting it to a picture). The quality will be much better. If you are still not satisfied with the print quality, the only option print through the export to pdf.

Thank you.