Canceling the .Render()?

Stimulsoft Reports.Silverlight discussion
TomKelleher

Canceling the .Render()?

Post by TomKelleher »

Folks,

I need to give users the ability to cancel a rendering StiReport. I killed two days trying everything I could think of. Any suggestions?

• Tried passing the UI's report object into a BackgroundWorker and firing the report.Render() routine inside it. That failed because of cross-threading issues. The stack-trace indicates some kind of TextBox or font-sizing issue going on inside.
• Tried passing the report object into another Thread entirely using Tasks. Same issue.
• Tried creating code-only versions of the StiReport object to avoid any connection to the UI. Same issue.
• I tried to make a disconnected clone by serializing the report to JSON and back – but the serialization failed because an internal property had no value.
o Tried to instantiate that property (PageNumberThrough, an int property) but it’s read-only and apparently only created when rendering begins
• I did manage to hook up the Report_Rendering event, which fires once per page. I figured with this I could let the user click the Cancel button, set some flag-Boolean to false, and the next time the Rendering event fires I would call report.IsStopped=true to stop it. BUT…the user cannot click the Cancel button, because the .Render routine “owns” the UI thread.
• Tried to implement Application.DoEvents() to let the UI “listen” to other UI activity, like a user clicking Cancel. But Silverlight doesn’t have a .DoEvents() method.

Ideas?
Alex K.

Re: Canceling the .Render()?

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please send us your request with detailed description on support@stimulsoft.com. We will check it and will reply to you by email fast as possible.

Thank you.
vineet

Post by vineet »

Hi Alex,

I would like to know the outcome of this too. I need my users to have the ability to cancel the rendering event too. Can you please send me a sample project?

Cheers,
Vineet
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello, Vineet.

Could you specify the Viewer or Designer that you use?
We need to know its name and version.

Thank you.
vineet

Post by vineet »

Stimulsoft.Web 2018.2.3 --> StiWebViewer
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue.

Thank you.
deex_iv

Post by deex_iv »

What about cancel Render? It is possible now?
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Unfortunately, in the web version s it is not possible.

Thank you.