Thumbnails not appearing on first render in 2018.2.3

Stimulsoft Reports.WPF discussion
jcfarsight

Thumbnails not appearing on first render in 2018.2.3

Post by jcfarsight »

We are currently facing an issue with the reports suite v2018.2.3 where the first time the Thumbnails button is pressed, an empty viewer is displayed with no thumbnails.
If the report is refreshed or the thumbnails toggled off and on again, they render correctly.

I have not been able to demonstrate the issue in the demo application you provide.

When the user clicks the Thumbnails button, we execute this piece of code only against the viewer:
m_stiWpfViewerControl.InvokeThumbnailsSwitch();

I had a quick look at the differences between the broken and working situations and the main difference I can see is that scrollViewerThumbnails.ViewportWidth and ViewportHeight are both 0 when it doesn't work correctly but they are populated with positive non-0 values when it is working.

Do you have any ideas on what might cause this behaviour and how we can look at resolving this?
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Thumbnails not appearing on first render in 2018.2.3

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We have added some fixes in that direction. Will be available in the next release in this month.

Thank you.
jcfarsight

Post by jcfarsight »

Greetings,
We've just upgraded to 2018.3.4 and it appears that this issue is still present.
Are there any changes we need to make after upgrading in order to resolve this?
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a simple project which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
jcfarsight

Post by jcfarsight »

I've been able to successfully reproduce this issue with your Runtime Report Creation sample found here: https://www.stimulsoft.com/en/samples/w ... t-creation
I just downloaded and built the solution with no changes, ran the application, compiled the report and clicked on the thumbnail button.

Something to note is that if you close the report window with the thumbnails pane open, the next time you open the report window it will automatically start with the pane open and thumbnails visible.
If however the window opens with the thumbnails pane closed, as soon as the thumbnails button is clicked the pane will open with no thumbnails.

Just in case you need system information, I'm running Windows 10 Pro 1709 with .NET 4.7.2
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue.

Thank you.