WPF Viewer - override colour scheme

Stimulsoft Reports.WPF discussion
TestBoy

WPF Viewer - override colour scheme

Post by TestBoy »

Since I can't use the external viewer and have to put it into our application I need to be able to override it's style or it's nearly unusable with the colour schemes we have.
I end up with the following...
menu.png
menu.png (20.66 KiB) Viewed 2567 times
Can you give some direction as to how I can get my styles applied?
For now I can simply not apply them to that window but now things are inconsistent.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: WPF Viewer - override colour scheme

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You can use predefined styles. Adding additional schemas is possible only from source code if you have it.

Thank you.
TestBoy

Post by TestBoy »

The whole idea is that I don't want to muck about in your code.
It's WPF... I should be able to override it but I can't work out why it's not being overridden properly.

We want to use this in our applications to replace Crystal. It's up to you as to whether or not you get the business.
But I need to work this problem out. It's a deal breaker.
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello, Mark.

Unfortunately, it's not an easy job. Our product is very complicated and has many different controls.
The scheme is about 25 thousand lines.
Please, send us more detailed description of what do you need to change to support@stimulsoft.com.
We will try to do something for you.

Thank you.
TestBoy

Post by TestBoy »

I know it must be complicated.
Let me put it to you guys this way...
So far I like this more than I like Crystal. I have not had to use a single subreport in the ~5 or so reports that I have redone - and all of those reports needed subreports.
The added bonus that it works very well in a development version of our client portal (ASP.Net Core MVC) where Crystal will not.
Now being able to run this in our desktop applications makes it perfect. I would love to divorce Crystal after 20 years of it.

What I can do is create a small workspace with what I am trying to accomplish and let you look that over.
I should be able to create a style for the control and step on the existing styles like I have for the xceed WPF controls.
All I need to do for those is something as simple as <Style TargetType="{x:Type xctk:MaskedTextBox}" BasedOn="{StaticResource MetroTextBox}"/> in my resource dictionary.
And poof! they are styled properly.

I was content with the stock viewer but the maximise on run thing did not sit well with the test users.
They revolted. So, I have to make the WPF control work...
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

> All I need to do for those is something as simple as <Style TargetType="{x:Type xctk:MaskedTextBox}" BasedOn="{StaticResource MetroTextBox}"/> in my resource dictionary.
And poof! they are styled properly.

Unfortunately, at the current moment, this feature is not available. Also, we do not have plans to add it in the near future. Sorry.

Thank you.