Exception starting WPF Designer

Stimulsoft Reports.WPF discussion
JLucia

Exception starting WPF Designer

Post by JLucia »

Hi,

i can't start the WPF Designer of a report when im using Stimulsoft.Reports.Wpf (Version 2019.2.3) in an .NET Framework Application (.NET Framework 4.7.2) referencing a .NET Standard (2.0) Assembly.
I'm Using PackageReference for the dependencies.

The relevant code:

Code: Select all

StiReport report = new StiReport();
report.DesignWithWpf();
The exception (shown as System.TypeLoadException) is a not implemented method "get_MdiParent" of the type "Stimulsoft.Report.WpfDesign.StiWpfDesigner".

In the attachment is a very simple Test-Application to reproduce the exception (simply click the "Test" button).
When i'm removing tho link to the .NET Standard Assembly, the WPF Application will start the Designer correctly.

Greetings, JLucia
Attachments
StiWPFTest.zip
(10.5 KiB) Downloaded 232 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Exception starting WPF Designer

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Our WPF product only for WPF .NET Framework. It is not compatible with WPF NET Core.

Thank you.
JLucia

Post by JLucia »

Thanks for your reply, but i think there is a misunderstanding of the example projekt.
The name of the referenced assembly is "coredll" (bad name) but it is a .NET Standard class library!
There is no .NET Core Application or assembly in the project.
But i may have made the mistake to include "Stimulsoft.Reports.Web.NETCore" as a reference to the .NET Standard assembly.
I changed the reference to "Stimulsoft.Reports.Engine" in the .NET Standard assembly - and now the Designer in the .NET Framework App starts.

But now i get design-time errors in Visual Studio, when i'm using Report.RegData Function (with DataSet) in the .NET Standard assembly.
Please refer to the updated Test-Application in the attachment.

Regards, JLucia
Attachments
StiWPFTest.zip
(10.62 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

For WPF components is supported only .NET Framework. It is not compatible with WPF .NET Core and .NET Standard.

Thank you.