Interpretation mode - .core events not working / any alternative for calculations ?

Stimulsoft Reports.WPF discussion
rth001

Interpretation mode - .core events not working / any alternative for calculations ?

Post by rth001 »

Hello,

We have several reports where we are using the OnRender and Render event of a databand to calculate some global variables.

Now it seems, that .core and interpretation mode is not working anymore with event :(

Is there any alternativ place where we can calculate variables and values at runtime for each line of the databand ?

Situation: We have a global variable HoursOfWeek and we must substract a value per each line of a databand

Thanks
rth001

Re: Interpretation mode - .core events not working / any alternative for calculations ?

Post by rth001 »

Ps: Basically i want to achieve something like a running sum which is described in this very old post
viewtopic.php?t=726

In this post you are referring to the OnRender and Rendering event - which doesn't work in .net core
rth001

Re: Interpretation mode - .core events not working / any alternative for calculations ?

Post by rth001 »

So at the end i want to achieve something like
Day 1: Monday, Workhours: 10, TotalWorkhours: 10 // Day 1
Day 2: Tuesday, Workhours: 8, TotalWorkhours: 18 // Day 1 + Day 2
Day 3: Wednesday, Workhours: 6, TotalWorkhours: 24 // Day 1 + Day 2 + Day 3...

cSumRunning, colSumRunning don't work
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

In the NET Core version, events are not supported.
You can try to make the necessary calculations directly in expressions.

Thank you.
rth001

Post by rth001 »

Hi Lech,

Can you give me a advice how and where this can be done?

I tried already a lot with various variables, but I'm not finding a way on where to calculate running sums in expressions.

Thanks
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

You can add an additional variable and calculate it in the expression as:
{Variable1 = Variable1 + DataSource.ColumnName}
and then show it on necessary band.

Thank you.