Error: The report is not specified

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
dbim

Error: The report is not specified

Post by dbim »

Hello everyone!

I'm facing this weird issue with all my reports: sometimes everything works as expected but every now and then they show the error below:

When that error pops up, I can click the OK to dismiss the alert, navigate through the report, but can't export it to any format (word, excel, pdf, etc). It simply clears the window and shows the same message, like this:

We can work around the issue by refreshing the page over and over, until the error does not show up; but it's quite annoying and some of our users got really upset about it.

I want to know if there is something I can do to prevent this, or if I should wait for a new release to fix the problem.

Some Technical Information:
Asp.Net MVC 5
Stimulsoft.Reports.Web 2017.2.3
Hosted on Azure

PS: The error started showing up when we upgraded to version 2017.1.1.

Hope to hear from you guys soon. Thanks!
Edward

Re: Error: The report is not specified

Post by Edward »

Hi Dbim,

Sorry, it looks like the images you would like to share have not been attached correctly to the topic for some reason. We have not heard about any similar issue yet with the export dialogues. Could you please re-attach the images, or alternatively, please send them to support[at]stimulsoft.com

Thank you,
Edward
dbim

Post by dbim »

Hi Edward.

I just sent them to the address you specified, along with the full text of the topic to offer some context.

Thanks for your time!
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

Thank you. We will answer you by email.
springsummer

Post by springsummer »

Hi, I'm trying on Stimulsoft Trial Version from Nuget v2018.1.4. I created a very simple "report.mrt" and tried to load "report.mrt" into StilMvcViewer. Whenever i launch my mvc page, "report.mrt" is loaded with correct data but there is an additional Error Message has prompt on top of it with error message "The report is not specified". Could you share how you resolve your issue?

Below are my working code

Code: Select all

@Html.Stimulsoft().StiMvcViewer("MvcViewer1", new StiMvcViewerOptions()
{
    Actions =
{
GetReport = "GetReport",
ViewerEvent = "ViewerEvent"
}
})

Code: Select all

public ActionResult GetReport()
        {
            StiReport report = new StiReport();
            report.Load("D:\\Projects\\StimCr\\StimRazor\\MrtTemplates\\report.mrt");

return StiMvcDesigner.GetReportResult(report);
        }

public ActionResult ViewerEvent()
        {
            return StiMvcViewer.ViewerEventResult();
        }
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

We have tested version 2018.1.4 with the specified settings and couldn't reproduce the problem. Most likely the problem depends on the project settings. We made some improvements that will be available in version 2018.1.5 this week. Please update as it will be available.

Also, if possible, please send us a sample project which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
springsummer

Post by springsummer »

Hi Alex,

Thanks for your information. I had update with latest version of Stimulsoft Web 2018.1.5 and it is working without error now. Thanks a lot.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello

We are always glad to help you!
Please let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.