Adding reports to exisiting MVC application

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
JohnW

Adding reports to exisiting MVC application

Post by JohnW »

I have an existing MVC application. I already have MS reporting (rdlc) used in it.

I would like to start adding Stimulsoft reports to the application without losing the reports that are done. What things do I need to add to the application to allow Stimulsoft and MS Reporting to coexist? I am missing something, because the application reports and error of conflict with the MS Report Viewer and Reporting Services.

I particularly thinking of namespaces references, controllers, etc. Is there a best practices way to accomplish the task.

I have looked at the Programming Manual and searched the forum without success. I will assume other have done this before, which is the reason for the post.

If there is a reference, or this has been asked and answered before feel free to point me to them.

Regards

John W.
Edward

Re: Adding reports to exisiting MVC application

Post by Edward »

Hi John,

We usually recommend adding the references using the NuGet packages. Is the existing application uses different tiers? Could you add it to a solution as an additional project so there is no conflict with any existing structure? We did have some similar requests in the past, please feel free to send a request to support[at]stimulsoft.com and we will check what could be done in that particular scenario.

Thank you,
Edward
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

My apologies for being slow in responding. I have been working on other issues. I have not tried adding it to the solution as a separate project. I may give that a try before I take up any of your time.
Edward

Post by Edward »

HI John,

No problem, please let us know how it goes, do not hesitate to contact us for help if the problem persists.

Thank you,
Edward