Link formatting in HTML text

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
vineet

Link formatting in HTML text

Post by vineet »

I currently have a text control which gets a paragraph (formatted in HTML) that is input by end users. Sometimes users input links to webpages in this paragraph. While all HTML content is displayed correctly in the text control in the report, the links don't have the blue color and underline formatting. But clicking on it still opens the link. They just look like plain text.

What do I do to make them retain the formatting of a link?
http://www.google.com.au
Alex K.

Re: Link formatting in HTML text

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Also, please clarify which product and components are you use?

Thank you.
vineet

Post by vineet »

I am using the latest version 2017.2.3

See attached report and pdf files. Very straightforward, I would expect the link to be shown in blue underline? It is still clickable as a link in the pdf, but hard to know without the proper formatting.
Attachments
Report.pdf
(43.85 KiB) Downloaded 230 times
Report.mrt
(14.47 KiB) Downloaded 359 times
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Vineet,

Thank you very much for the sample report, please bear with us on that, we will see what can be done. We will update you in this ticket.

Thank you,
Edward
vineet

Post by vineet »

Hi Edward,

Was there any progress on this one?

Cheers
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Vineet,

No, that issue is still in progress status with a dev team, has not been solved yet.

Thank you,
Edward
vineet

Post by vineet »

Hi Edward, any progress on this yet?
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Vineet,

Still, in development, not completed yet, I will update you once there are more details on that.

Have a great weekend!
Edward
vineet

Post by vineet »

Hi Edward, were there any updates on this issue?
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Vineet,

I can confirm that the PDF export supports the font colours in this scenario in Stimulsoft Reports.Web for the latest version and for the version you were using. The .Net report engine uses some Windows native system libraries to get things done. That includes making the word wrap for the words and for the expressions and also supporting of some special symbols.

As for the Stimulsoft Reports.JS, then the situation is a bit different here. There is a separate browser-based engine that is used for the tags implementation and that engine has some limitations and is quite complex in its implementation. So it is quite difficult to get you even an approximate ETA when the appropriate tags full support (including colours) is going to be added to the JS engine. That will happen most likely when the next major JS rendering browser-based engine (the engine that was mentioned above) update is going to happen.

Thank you,
Edward