Changing text based on a field value

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
JohnW

Re: Changing text based on a field value

Post by JohnW »

What I find now is the code works in HTML preview but not in the regular preview, flash preview or the viewer. The error messages are now gone though.

It reads the first IIF statement in the preview but not the 2nd. Since it works one place (html) it seems odd it will not in the others.

Any ideas?

Code: Select all

{IIF((liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "MBI" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "BKR" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "DIM" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "REP"),"RENEWAL APPLICATION FOR REPRESENTATIVE'S ID CARD - $20","")}
{IIF((liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "FWN" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "MNB" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "W32" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "WLQ" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "WLQBR" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode ="WMB" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode ="WMBBR" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "WWN" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode ="WWNMFR" OR liqMast.LicenseTypeCode = "LQRMFR"),"RENEWAL APPLICATION FOR SALES PERSON'S ID CARD - $35", "")}

Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data and detailed description how to reproduce the issue.

Thank you.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

I just sent the file to support for review.

Thanks
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Ok. We will reply to you by email.

Thank you.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Thanks to Lech and the other support people who have helped it appears the solution was found. It was simple, but not one I would have ever guessed was the issue.

The solution was to change a textbox property:

"Set the CanGrow property to true "

I can only guess unless this is set, it keeps the viewer from reading the other lines of code in the textbox.

Back to my report development.

Thanks again to Stimulsoft for providing report developers such excellent support!
Lech Kulikowski

Hello

We are always glad to help you!
Please let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.