Vertical lines on page break have wrong start position

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
r.bianco

Vertical lines on page break have wrong start position

Post by r.bianco »

Hello, I have a problem with vertical lines placed on databands which can span on multiple pages, when one databand content hits the page break the line starting position in the next page is at the top of the body (like if it doesn't know where it should start), breaking the layout too:
rpt_fat_vertline.png
rpt_fat_vertline.png (71.44 KiB) Viewed 2951 times
I also tried with shorter lines but they either won't be drawn or they have large gaps.

What could be the problem?
Soft System srl
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Vertical lines on page break have wrong start position

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
r.bianco

Post by r.bianco »

Hello, excuse me for the delay, I could send you a copy of the report with the problem but the database is too much complex to replicate, I tried to export the data to an Excel file but not to load it into the report itself
Attachments
RPT_INTE.mrt
(116.37 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
Soft System srl
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Could you explain your issue in more details? There are not any Lines in the sent report.

Thank you.
r.bianco

Post by r.bianco »

Oops, I sent the wrong report

Here is the right one
Attachments
RPT_INTE_FAT.mrt
(156.61 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Soft System srl
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Couldn't reproduce the issue without a test data.

Thank you.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (26.29 KiB) Viewed 2919 times
r.bianco

Post by r.bianco »

Maybe it's just a problem of our report design and we are trying to get something which could not work: we need to have vertical lines which automatically resize starting from a top band and a bottom band, is it possible to have a single vertical line across multiple databands which can span on multiple pages?
We have 3 parts which need to be repeated in all the pages: page header/footer, record headers, and record details.
The record details contains 3 databands and is where we want the vertical lines, and this part can be printed in 1 or more pages

Differently than horizontal lines which belong to the databand they touch, vertical lines seem to be only put in the "root" node of the structure and they don't seem to behave well if one of the databands they cross splits on 2 pages.

About the test data:
I tried to extract the test data but I failed to load them into the report in any way other than the MSSQL database.
I would like to provide the entire DB, but there are customer data we don't want to give away, also preparing even a clone of the DB with only the test data would be a lot of work.

Is it possible to get support in a different way than the forum, like a remote access (maybe teamviewer or similar)?
Soft System srl
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please send us the request on support@stimulsoft.com

Thank you.