Report Passes

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
JohnW

Report Passes

Post by JohnW »

I am wondering if someone could explain the number of passes Stimulsoft uses to render a report. I believe Crystal Reports had 3 passes and a developer could use them to create particular processes. I do not find any documentation for Stimulsoft, which I believe has 2 passes.

If there is documentation or another reference please feel free to point me to it.

Thanks

John W.
Andrew

Re: Report Passes

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

In most cases, one pass in the report rendering is sufficient, but sometimes there are cases when you need double pass. Consider an example. Suppose, on the last page of the report you should output some information. Before rendering of the full report, in fact we know that the account will be the last. Therefore, in this case, it is better use a double pass when rendering a report, i.e. in the first pass the number of pages in the report will be determined and during the second pass the information on the last page will be added.

Thank you.
JohnW

Post by JohnW »

Thanks. I used the passes to pull data first, then create summary numbers second in nested groups. It was useful at times. So I wondered how it worked in Stimulsoft.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

You are welcome!