Using a variable for a chart

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
Erwin Janssen

Using a variable for a chart

Post by Erwin Janssen »

Reports.web .NET core.

We have a report. It's in compilation mode.
I have created a variable called YearParam (decimal) (actually 4, but let's use 1 first).
I would like to fill that variable with a sum created in the GroupHeaderBand. I see that sum in the GroupHeaderBand, so the sum works.
I need the variable, so I can use it in a Chart. (I can't use summed totals in charts, so that's why I need the variable)
I tried to fill it with events, like suggested here: viewtopic.php?t=5208#p23204 "You should create Variables and set its values in the Before Print event of the Group Footer. (see Report1.mrt)."
but i have the feeling events are not working in (our version) of reports.web

our version: Version 2018.2.3 from 6 July 2018, .NET Core, JS

My question is:
How can i get my syummed total in a variable, so it can be used in a chart?
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Using a variable for a chart

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

In the Net Core version, only Interpretation mode is available. Events are not supported in the NET Core.

You can use your variable in the expression in the Text component:
{VariableName = Variable1 + DataSourceName.ColumnName}

Thank you.
Erwin Janssen

Post by Erwin Janssen »

Indeed, I had a feeling that events are not working, thanks Lech, for clarifying it doesn't work in .NET core. (strange the unavailable options are visible/enabled in the designer though).
I can indeed use a variable and expression in a Text component, but you can't use expressions in a chart it seems.

So my question remains:
How can I get my summed total in a variable, so it can be used in a chart?

EDIT: Is this the solution? please confirm :)
Assumption: In interpretation mode, I have to use 2 vars? Use the first Var to fill the second Var. If you use a var, it resets itself?
Example: I filled var2 with var1 and used var2 only in the chart, and that works! But not if I would show that var2 just before the chart on the page. It seems that's is "used" and set to 0?
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data, we will try to find a solution. As a way, you can try to use Data Transformation for this task.

Thank you.