Reports.Web.NetCore designer requires System.Windows.Forms dll

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
duyanhth

Reports.Web.NetCore designer requires System.Windows.Forms dll

Post by duyanhth »

Hello everyone,

I'm creating report template in Asp.NetCore application but it throws System.Windows.Forms dll missing exception when I'm trying compile the report.
Can you please help?<

Thank tons
Tran

Basically I've use this sample as starting point ( it works fine as it is).
https://github.com/stimulsoft/Samples-N ... 20Designer

Then trying to add a panel with label using code behind.
The attachment devenv_2018-11-23_10-47-11.png is no longer available
The attachment chrome_2018-11-23_11-01-13.png is no longer available
chrome_2018-11-23_11-01-13.png
chrome_2018-11-23_11-01-13.png (54.28 KiB) Viewed 1892 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Reports.Web.NetCore designer requires System.Windows.Forms dll

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

In our report generator for .NET Core, compilation is not used, interpretation mode is used, and the specified references to the Windows libraries are added for compatibility with the .NET version.

Thank you.
duyanhth

Post by duyanhth »

Thank you @Lech Kulikowski
I'm making an auto layout tool. E.g convert html file (just: parent div, table, field set,...) into report template using .NetCore. Is it possible or I need to use .Net version?
Do you have any more complex example for it? (the provided one on GIT Hub just load template file in to the designer)

Regards
Tran
p.s: here is one error when I'm trying to add a StiText to StiPanel (there is no Databand yet, just first simple steps). I believe I missed some property settings but cannot find any document about it and it is too greedy to request help for all of these rather than look at example or guide line document :)

Code: Select all

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiParser.CheckForDataBandsUsedInPageTotals(StiText stiText) in D:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\.NetCore\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\Parser\StiParser.cs:line 1048
   at Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiRenderProviderV2.Render(StiReport report, StiRenderState state) in D:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\.NetCore\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\StiRenderProviderV2.cs:line 391
   at Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiReportV2Builder.RenderSingleReport(StiReport masterReport, StiRenderState renderState) in D:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\.NetCore\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\Builders\StiReportV2Builder.cs:line 129
   at Stimulsoft.Report.StiReport.RenderReport(StiRenderState renderState) in D:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\.NetCore\Stimulsoft.Report\StiReport.Render.cs:line 326
   at Stimulsoft.Report.StiReport.Render(StiRenderState renderState, StiGuiMode guiMode) in D:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\.NetCore\Stimulsoft.Report\StiReport.Render.cs:line 204

duyanhth

Post by duyanhth »

I found the reason for above exception. It is because the order of adding component

I. Wrong:
0. Create Root panel (and add to page)
1. Create panel 1
2. Create TextField
3. Add TextField to panel 1
4. Add panel 1 to Root panel

II. Correct order
0. Create Root panel (and add to page)
1. Create panel 1
2. Add panel 1 to Root panel (important order)
3. Create TextField
4. Add TextField to panel 1
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce this bug. Could you explain your issue in more details?

Thank you.