Selecting a specific object in list for a variable value

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
buzallen

Selecting a specific object in list for a variable value

Post by buzallen »

In the object that I am registering there is a list (I'm registering plain c# classes). I'd like to assign a value to a variable based on a single item in the list. For example if I have a list of 'Fees' that have these properties:

public string Name {get;set;}
public decimal Amount {get;set;}

and I wan't to assign the value of a fee with the name "Fee1" to a variable, how can I do that? If I was using Linq I would do something like: .Single(l => l.Name == "Fee1"), I know Linq isn't supported in expression but how would I do the equivalent?

If there is no means for that, I have also tried adding a DataTable to the base object with the enumeration of the Fees as rows but it looks like I can't add a DataTable as a property to the base c# object. I suppose then I could register a second source that is a DataTable but ideally I could just 'select' the single object in the list.

Thanks,
Brian
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Selecting a specific object in list for a variable value

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Sorry, maybe we did not exactly understand your question. You can use Linq in your code and provide value for the variable.

Thank you.
buzallen

Post by buzallen »

Yes, I can use Linq in my code in our application but I am trying to use something similar in the expression for a stimulsoft report variable's value. I would like to 'select' a specific item out of a list within the Stimulsoft expression for a variable.

If, in my code I have a list like this:

class Fee {
public string Name {get;set;}
public decimal Amount {get;set;}
}

var listOfItems = new List<Fee>{ new Fee{Name = "Fee1", Amount =100}, new Fee{Name = "Fee2", Amount = 200} }

Then if I register that list for a report using: RegData("Data", listOfItems)

Then, in the report designer I create a new variable and I want that variable's value to be a particular one on that list, let's say the one with the name of "Fee1" can I do that?

Hopefully that makes more sense.

Thanks,
Brian
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Directly in the designer, it is not possible.

Thank you.