'Outside End' Labels being hidden

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
smckec

'Outside End' Labels being hidden

Post by smckec »

Hi,

I'm having an issue using 'Outside End' labels on a stacked bar chart. I've noticed that if one value is much higher than the rest, this can lead to the label on the large bar disappearing off the end of the chart (see example screenshots below).

If I set the Prevent Intersection property on the labels then they are not hidden, but instead of the overall bar lengths scaling down to accommodate the label, the labels partially or fully cover the bar itself (see screenshots below).

Is there a way around this problem so that the labels do not disappear or cover the bars when there are large differences in the data values? I have attached the example report .mrt file.

Thanks,

Sam
Attachments
LabelsExample.mrt
(16.05 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: 'Outside End' Labels being hidden

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please set the PreventIntersection=true property.

Thank you.
smckec

Post by smckec »

Hi Lech,

Is there no way to just make the labels appear at the end of the bar (outside it) without disappearing or covering the bars? If I set the PreventIntersection property to 'true', then the labels are not even consistently formatted across all of the bars in the same chart. The smaller values appear outside of the end of the bar, and the larger values appear inside the end of the bar.

Thanks,

Sam
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

There is only one option - PreventIntersection=true property.

Thank you.