Significant memory usage intermittently

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
buzallen

Significant memory usage intermittently

Post by buzallen »

I'll try and prepare and example but we have a situation with the designer that only happens occasionally and I have not been able to find a common cause. This is for version 2020.5.1 but it has happened on other prior versions. The dataset is datatables converted from MSSQL tables. The dataset is not large (100 -10000 rows in a about 10 tables) where we are filtering most of it out. This is with .net core 3.1 but also happened using 2.0.

This is hosted in an Azure app service and when a report is being developed the user will click 'preview' and then the memory usage grows to over 5GB and the CPU spikes (this takes less than 1 minute). The system is maxed out enough that it brings the entire site down, the only way we can bring it back is to restart the app service.

Again these are reports that when loaded prior to this issue occuring would load in a few seconds, be a few dozen pages long. Sometimes there might be hundreds of pages of results and it loads fine and then the next time it's previewed it shuts everything down.

I know it's asked to provide the report, I can potentially create it online but not sure how we would get you the dataset.

So the question is, is there something that a user might be doing that is causing an infinite loop in the designer? Is there any debugging information available from within the designer to see what might be going on?

Thanks
Brian
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Significant memory usage intermittently

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.