Issues with text when exporting to PDF on production Linux server

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
vitek.abeln

Issues with text when exporting to PDF on production Linux server

Post by vitek.abeln »

Hello,

I have a .NET core application that uses stimulsoft angular net core 2021.2.4. When I try to save my report in the viewer on my development windows machine the exported file is fine (text is showing correctly). But when I deployed that application to a linux (docker) machine, the saved/exported PDF suddenly has issues (long text all written in one line. See picture below :
text issue.png
text issue.png (32.39 KiB) Viewed 1713 times
). The version 2020.5.2 however did not have this issue. Could this be some kind font issue between available linux fonts?

Best regards
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Issues with text when exporting to PDF on production Linux server

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please check that used fonts are available on the docker machine, or add it in the font collection before exporting.

Thank you.
vitek.abeln

Post by vitek.abeln »

I have tried adding fonts from local file with this function "StiFontCollection.AddFontFile(file.FullName);". I got more fonts but the issue still persists.

I found a similar issue from another post ( viewtopic.php?t=57196 ).

From the post:
Also, we have found another issue in GdiPlus for Linux. The Measure/Draw text methods work if the font is installed in the system.
So these files should be installed on the system too or you get the wrong width of the symbols.
It seems like the PDF exporter has issues drawing text. I have tried using different fonts, but without success.
I also tried this with the function LoadFonts() and loadDocumentFonst(), but could not find anything useful in the documentation and the issue is still there.

My docker has "libxml2", "libc6-dev", "libgdiplus", "libx11-devIs" libraries installed.

Is there anything else I can do?
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please check the last release build 2021.4.1

Thank you.