Blazor barcodes and shapes

Stimulsoft Reports.WEB discussion
fabiodvs

Re: Blazor barcodes and shapes

Post by fabiodvs »

Andrew wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 8:35 am Hello,

There is its own rendering of images, shapes, and barcodes in PDF. They are drawn with PDF primitives. And in other formats, shapes and barcodes are made through pictures. And the problem is that in Blazor, there is no built-in support for images. Everything goes through additional libraries, etc. And, for now, we have not yet found a suitable solution (including third-party licensing issues). You may send a request to support@stimulsoft.com. At an additional charge, we may consider adding this feature faster.

What are your thoughts on this?
Hello,

I'm finding a hard time accepting your answer...
In version 2021.3.5 QR Codes work everywhere (designer, preview and printing) but barcodes only show properly on the designer (the preview is messed up).
In later versions I get the GDI+ error I stated in my first post when I try to preview QR codes, barcodes or shapes.

If you had QR codes working in version 2021.3.5 it seems to me that the rest should be possible as well!
Can you offer an explanation for this? Or at least try to fix that part of the code that is throwing the GDI+ exception and see why it was working before?

What would be the additional charge?

Kind Regards.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Unfortunately, Barcodes and Shapes are not supported in the Blazor in any versions.

Thank you.
fabiodvs

Post by fabiodvs »

Will they be supported?
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

There are tasks in our to-do list, but we can not say exactly when it will be added.

Thank you.