XML Schema Requirements

Stimulsoft Reports.Flex discussion
trademark16

XML Schema Requirements

Post by trademark16 »

When creating a new XML connection what are the requirements for the XML Schema file? When I create a new XML connection and define the XSD file and XML file I can only choose elements when creating my New Data Source if I choose your Demo XSD and XML files. When I create my own XSD file and XML files nothing populates the Name In Source.

I am using Designer 2010.3.900. Also tried in 2011.1.

Here is a sample of my Schema file:

Vladimir

XML Schema Requirements

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,
When creating a new XML connection what are the requirements for the XML Schema file?
XSD file is not necessary. It stores the column types and relationships. If this file is not specified, the data structure should be read correctly. Most likely, a problem in the data itself, please send us your XML file for analysis.

Thank you.
trademark16

XML Schema Requirements

Post by trademark16 »

My XML data will be populated dynamically from the Flex application. My intention was to allow the users to create their own reports using the schema provided and have them place columns where they choose. Then from within flex populate and present data onto the .mrt file. Is this possible and am i thinking correctly?
Vladimir

XML Schema Requirements

Post by Vladimir »

Hello,

There are 2 ways that would do this:
1. Specify only the XSD data schema when creating a new connection. In the attached archive is an application that makes the structure of XSD by the specified XML data file.
2. Save the data dictionary to a file and then load it (the Actions menu in the designer data dictionary).

Thank you.
Attachments
749.MakeXsd.zip
(3.8 KiB) Downloaded 299 times
trademark16

XML Schema Requirements

Post by trademark16 »

The utility you attached seemed to work. I must have had something incorrect in my original XSD file although they look pretty similar to me. Thanks.
Andrew

XML Schema Requirements

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

Let us know if you have additional questions.
Thank you.