Flex to JS

Stimulsoft Reports.Flex discussion
hugo

Flex to JS

Post by hugo »

Hello,

I have a Flex/AIR application, using Flex viewer to render reports and Flex designer to allow users to customize reports.

The viewer meets the requirements with one or another small issue however there is a bigger issue that don't have solution (runtime fault), that is printing.
Printing have poor quality as you know and we already discussed in the past, specially for printing with images.
Export to PDF improves a bit but not for more demanding users.

In theory I can keep the designer with Flex (that meets all the requirements) and use the brand new JS viewer inside my Flex application using the WebView component that comes with Flex Framework or a more modern and stable version with as ANE, correct ?

If in a near future I follow this path, I would lose Flex viewer features, because they are not already implemented ?
My printing issue will go away because it's a compelty different render/framework ?

Regards,
Hugo.
Alex K.

Re: Flex to JS

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Flex viewer can print only through Flash (through images - a little blurry text, and vector mode - only black and white reports without halftones), and also as using PDF export.

HTML5 viewer (JS engine) can print via HTML export and through PDF export. Both of these modes are vector modes. It will be best to test the print on your reports to check the difference visually.

Please specify the functions of the Flash Viewer that you are talking about? We are trying to improve the HTML5 Viewer, because think this a more promising and universal technology. Unlike Flash, the viewer supports all types of interactivity, editable fields, animated and interactive diagrams.

Thank you.
hugo

Post by hugo »

Hello,

Yes, I know that the printing issue is related to the Flash runtime.
I will do a branch version of my program with the JS engine version and then I will compare both print qualities.

I have a lot of reports that is a good test case for you.
As natural, I'm expecting some issues (missing functions or bugs) but If the first results are promissing, I will report case to case until we trim all edges and get a full compatible version as far as possible.

Thank you,
Hugo.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Ok. Please send us requests on support@stimulsoft.com, we will try to fix it.

Thank you.