Export to PDF page orientation issue

Stimulsoft Reports.PHP discussion
Francine

Export to PDF page orientation issue

Post by Francine »

I have some JS code with PHP code to export the report to PDF. It is working fine if the report is Portrait but when it is landscape it appears properly in the JS viewer but the PDF exported is landscape therefore the text is cut on the right of the page.

What can I do in the JS code of PHP code to export to PDF with landscape orientation?
Alex K.

Re: Export to PDF page orientation issue

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce this bug.
Please try to check the last prerelease build and let us know about the result.

Thank you.
Francine

Post by Francine »

Hi,
After trying a few different things, I have discovered that the report has to be visible on the page in order to export properly. I was displaying the JS report viewer in a frame inside the page and the frame size was set to zero for width and height. I changed the frame width and height to see the report and the export worked properly. Then in order to not display the report to the user I changed the frame width to 0 and put 1 for the frame height. This way the user does not notice the report on the page and the report exports properly to PDF.

The other thing, I have noticed is that there is an issue with the browser cache and the export. The export seems to use the data from the cache therefore it is not displaying the last report loaded in the JS report viewer. If I clear the browser cache manually and then run the code to export, the report is now showing the latest data from the report viewer. How do we fix this cache issue in the code?
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please clarify which version are you use?
We made some improvements and checks in that direction. Please try to check the last build.

If the issue still present, please send us a simple project for analysis.

Thank you.
Francine

Post by Francine »

HI,
I do not have the issue with the cache anymore. It do not recall what I did back on January 13 but I do not have that issue anymore.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello

Ok.
Please let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.