Web Designer connection issues

Stimulsoft Reports.JAVA discussion
torenic

Re: Web Designer connection issues

Post by torenic »

Unfortunately I don't.
The browser network tab is all black (no unsuccessful - "red", server calls) and the console on server prints nothing. I want to remind that the problem is only present when using MS SQL database. I'm sure the connection is OK since the designer properly lists tables from that database schema in Designer's Schema Wizard.
Vadim

Post by Vadim »

Hello.
Please setup in Java StiOptions.Engine.logLevel = 10;
and try again - will errors in Java console appears ?
torenic

Post by torenic »

Oh yes I got a quite of them now seems like some methods are missing from StiReport (using 2020.2.3).

Code: Select all

java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isCacheTotals()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isGetSummaryExpressionEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isGetZipCodeEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isFillParametersEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isGetCheckedEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isGetBarCodeEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isGetImageURLEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isGetImageDataEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isGetDataUrlEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isReportCacheProcessingEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isColumnEndRenderEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.StiReport.isColumnBeginRenderEvent()
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.stimulsoft.report.components.StiPage.isGetExcelValueEvent()
and this one:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal pattern character 'f'
	at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.compile(SimpleDateFormat.java:845)
	at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.initialize(SimpleDateFormat.java:653)
	at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:624)
	at java.base/java.text.SimpleDateFormat.<init>(SimpleDateFormat.java:599)
	at com.stimulsoft.base.system.StiConverterDateFormatToJava.getDateFormat(StiConverterDateFormatToJava.java:64)
	at com.stimulsoft.base.system.StiDateTime.format(StiDateTime.java:232)
	at com.stimulsoft.base.system.StiDateTime.format(StiDateTime.java:227)
	at com.stimulsoft.report.components.textFormats.StiDateFormatService.format(StiDateFormatService.java:149)
	at com.stimulsoft.webdesigner.helper.StiTextFormatHelper.getDateAndTimeFormats(StiTextFormatHelper.java:305)
	at com.stimulsoft.webdesigner.StiWebDesignerRender.renderJsonParameters(StiWebDesignerRender.java:293)
	at com.stimulsoft.webdesigner.StiWebDesignerRender.getDesigner(StiWebDesignerRender.java:153)
	at com.stimulsoft.webdesigner.StiWebDesignerHelper.getWebDesigner(StiWebDesignerHelper.java:66)
Vadim

Post by Vadim »

Hello.

Can you describe step-by-step how to reproduce problem ?
torenic

Post by torenic »

Sure. These errors are thrown upon opening Designer in the browser without requiring additional operations no matter what database I use.

And the empty dialog (MS SQL only)
1.) I open up designer in my web browser (using latest Google Chrome)
2.) The designer handler will inject MS SQL database for me and its there in designer (same was done for Oracle and MySQL).
3.) In dictionary I choose New Data Source.
4.) In "Select Type of Connection" dialog I check "Skip Schema Wizard" and then I click on the injected database from step 2.
5.) This opens up the blank "Data Source" window.
This process itself does not throw any errors.
Vadim

Post by Vadim »

Hello.

We find this bug for MSSQL connection, you can try fixed jars https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FmXOL ... 8p9wSNshLk
torenic

Post by torenic »

Yes, that resolved the problem, thanks.
Seems like we successfully made designer work for me. But I've found another problem. :roll:
When the report is exported and saved it won't open in web viewer (in desktop designer it opens blank).
I just made simple report with title only and got this error in viewer:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: null
	at java.base/java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:620)
	at java.base/java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Integer.java:776)
	at com.stimulsoft.web.classes.StiRequestParams.getInt(StiRequestParams.java:180)
	at com.stimulsoft.web.helper.StiRequestParamsHelper.get(StiRequestParamsHelper.java:119)
	at com.stimulsoft.webviewer.StiWebViewerHelper.getRequestParams(StiWebViewerHelper.java:82)
	at com.stimulsoft.webviewer.StiWebViewerActions.getReportResult(StiWebViewerActions.java:48)
	at com.stimulsoft.webviewer.servlet.StiWebViewerActionServlet.processing(StiWebViewerActionServlet.java:63)
	at com.stimulsoft.webviewer.servlet.StiWebViewerActionServlet.doPost(StiWebViewerActionServlet.java:46)
Reports made with desktop version of designer are working fine.
The resulting report file (MRT) from web designer does not contain connection string.
Vadim

Post by Vadim »

Hello.
It's normal work, please remove StiOptions.Engine.logLevel = 10;
torenic

Post by torenic »

Hello,
that did not resolve the problem with saving a report. Is the save feature of web designer supposed to work on trial version?
The problem is that the report is saved, but won't open (see my latest post).
Vadim

Post by Vadim »

Hello.
Can you send us your saved report ?