trouble with page settings/white space/footer settings

Сonversation on different topics
Eugene1025

trouble with page settings/white space/footer settings

Post by Eugene1025 »

Using the web interface (Google Chrome), this happens when trying to print the report (In Print without preview):

When one the Groupband breaks across a page, the footer is pushed to page 2. When that happens, the remainder of page 2 is blank. Data printing resumes on page 3. The Groupband actually can break in the Groupbandheader, leaving only part of the header on page 1(see screen shot(s) attached. In the image, the line with FRM#/Revision#/Effective Date/PageOfPages is the footer band, it is set to print on every page.

I would rather not allow the group to break at all, and have tried:
Setting all components to Can break
Setting all components to Cannot break
Adding a Panel around the components, sending it to the back and repeating the above steps.

One thing that seemed to help for a moment was changing the page margin sizes, but that will only work as long at the groups remain the same size over different reports (they won't).

I have only used the web interface and Stimulsoft for about 3 weeks and have been working on this problem for 2 days, and advice/help would be appreciated.

I have attached the mrt file as well.
Last edited by Eugene1025 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lech Kulikowski

Re: trouble with page settings/white space/footer settings

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a test data for your report.

Thank you.
Eugene1025

Post by Eugene1025 »

I am unsure as to how to send a data set.

I am working with a proprietary data set and do not have access to it.

I can pull parts of it into an excel sheet to look at some of the entries, but it is not a complete data set.

The screen shot(s) show(s) the added white space after the group band footer.
I have gone through and deleted each element and it seems to be associated with one of the child bands.
After some trial and error, I have been able to get the white space to shift down below the last data band, and have moved my footer information to that band so that it prints to the bottom of the first page. The white space now appears as a second blank sheet, with no footer or header.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

To reproduce the issue we need to render the report and it is often impossible to do it without data. We do not need your full database backup, but just a set of data to reproduce your issue. You could send some data to XML file if you write next code in the BeforePrint event of a page:
[YourDataSourceName].DataTable.DataSet.WriteXml(@"e:\data.xml");
[YourDataSourceName].DataTable.DataSet.WriteXmlSchema(@"e:\data.xsd");

Thank you.