Connecting to Microsoft Access database

Сonversation on different topics
techimaster

Connecting to Microsoft Access database

Post by techimaster »

Hi
I am using a primary SQL database as a datasource. I am also trying to connect to an Access database to pull across secondary data onto the report using the form designer. I have set up a new datasource and can see the required access table. I have then created a new relation between the primary SQL database and the access database. This is where the problems start:
Problems:
1. The secondary data is pulled across onto the report BUT is always the data from line 54 in the Access database.
2. I have tried using alternate and new Access databases but effectively get the same problem. On new databases the data always comes from line 1 and I cannot get the data from other lines to pull across.

Any ideas

I am using
Stimulsoft Version 2009.1.400 14 April 2009
Alex K.

Re: Connecting to Microsoft Access database

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce this bug.
Can you please send us a sample report with test data which reproduce the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
techimaster

Post by techimaster »

Hi Aleksey

I am preparing a data sample and label to send across to you.

In the interim please could you clarify the following:

1. If I have set up a new data source (and a new relation) using the form designer how do configure the relationship to automatically pick data from other columns on the same row in an access database? At present I can select individual items from the Access database by selecting them in a combo box in a "Form" but there does not seem to be a way of linking the selection of one data item in a row to the automatic selection of other data items in columns on the same row
Eg. If I want to select a company name from column 1 how can I automatically select the address for the company which appears on a line by line basis in column 2 through 5?

2. If I have linked a data item in a SQL database by way of a relation to an item in a secondary access database using the form designer how do I configure the relationship to automatically select other items from the same row in the secondary access database?

Note:
I can currently see all of the data columns in the access database and I can manually select the data item in each of those data columns by way of a combo box. The problem this gives it that this approach is clunky and allows for the accidental selection of incorrect data - ie data that does not relate to the primary selection.

Regards
Techimaster
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Sorry, but we don't really understand what you are talking about.
What is the form designer?
How do you create relations?
We need to see structure of your data base.
How do you select the company?
Please, describe your issue more detailed with samples and screen-shots.

Thank you.
techimaster

Post by techimaster »

Hi

OK - how do I attach screen shots to this post?

Thanks
techimaster

Post by techimaster »

Hi

Update

The "Form Designer" is the report designer - an example is shown at the following location:
http://www.stimulsoft.com/en/articles/s ... ner-web#q4

The designer on this link is the "web" version is therefore not identical to the version I am using with
Stimulsoft Version 2009.1.400 14 April 2009 - I am using an older version.

The relation has been set up by selecting a parent data source and then a child data source using the standard options in the report designer. The parent data source is the new Access database and the child is the main SQL database.

The access database is a simple single table database with a number of rows and columns - all the data fields are set to be "text" and the character length is set to "50"

The company is selected from the drop down selection in a combo box set up on a form in the label design.

Again as per message above how do I attach screenshots or files to this post - alternatively where do i send them to?

Thanks
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Please, look at the attached image.

Thank you.
Attachments
AddImage.png
AddImage.png (10.4 KiB) Viewed 4127 times