"Error: Server Error in '/' Application."

Stimulsoft BI Server discussion
anotherlab

"Error: Server Error in '/' Application."

Post by anotherlab »

HI,

I just installed Report Server 2017.1.11 and I received the error "Error: Server Error in '/' Application." when I renamed a data connection. I created a data connection and saved it. I then edited the connection and changed the name property and pressed the OK button. The name was successfully change, but this error was thrown.

Error:
Server Error in '/' Application.

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.]
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowInvalidOperationException(ExceptionResource resource) +56
System.Collections.Generic.Enumerator.MoveNextRare() +14819334
Stimulsoft.Base.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeList(JsonWriter writer, IEnumerable values, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) +553
Stimulsoft.Base.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) +1116
Stimulsoft.Base.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeList(JsonWriter writer, IEnumerable values, JsonArrayContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) +799
Stimulsoft.Base.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeObject(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonObjectContract contract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract collectionContract, JsonProperty containerProperty) +1116
Stimulsoft.Base.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType) +417
Stimulsoft.Base.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value, Type objectType) +1289
Stimulsoft.Base.Json.JsonConvert.SerializeObjectInternal(Object value, Type type, JsonSerializer jsonSerializer) +230
Stimulsoft.Base.StiObject.SaveToString() +56
Stimulsoft.Client.Web.StiRestV1Helper.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context, String& stringResult, Byte[]& binaryResult) +3489
Navigator.Web.RestV1Handler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +44
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +798
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +91
Chris Miller
Tyler Technologies
Alex K.

Re: "Error: Server Error in '/' Application."

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce this bug.
Could you send us a step by step guide how to reproduce the issue?

Thank you.
anotherlab

Post by anotherlab »

I have not been able to replicate it either. The steps were the following
  • Click on the Data tab
  • Click the Create button
  • Add a new MS SQL data source
  • Click on a different tab
  • Click on the Data tab
  • Select the data source
  • Click the edit button
  • Change the name
  • Click the Ok button
The first time I did this, I received the error that I posted. Every subsequent time after that, it was worked correctly. My guess is a race condition of some sort and a cache was being updated at the same time it was being enumerated.
Chris Miller
Tyler Technologies
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Thank you for the detail description but we couldn't reproduce this bug.

We have added this task to our to-do list, we will try to investigate this issue.

Thank you.