Didn't load all report data once we use manual relationship

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
Lech Kulikowski
Posts: 3973
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 am

Re: Didn't load all report data once we use manual relationship

Post by Lech Kulikowski » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:16 pm

Hello,

Please try to use the following srccipt:

Code: Select all

<div>
        <cc3:StiWebDesigner runat="server" ID="StiWebDesigner1" OnGetReport="StiWebDesigner1_GetReport" />
    </div>
    </form>
    <script>
        //where jsStiWebDesigner1 - js + Designer ID
        jsStiWebDesigner1.options.menus.dictionarySettingsMenu.controls.useAliases.setChecked(true);
        jsStiWebDesigner1.options.useAliases = true;
    </script>
Thank you.
DanielHewett
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:52 am

Re: Didn't load all report data once we use manual relationship

Post by DanielHewett » Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:24 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

With some testing it seems that the "jsStiWebDesigner1.options.useAliases" setting can be used in place of the "showOnlyAliasFor..." set of settings I was using previously, however, it seems it is somehow not using the alias for the dataset - see screenshot below.
Alias Partial Success.png
Alias Partial Success.png (40.35 KiB) Viewed 370 times
I tried using the "jsStiWebDesigner1.options.menus.dictionarySettingsMenu.controls.useAliases.setChecked(true)" function call, but found that if I did not make the call after I had made a "jsStiWebDesigner1.renderHtml()" function call it would error. I am assuming that this call is just to set the menu setting to be consistent with how it is set behind the scenes. The menu setting when switched on or off through the interface seems to have no affect on the dictionary with the way we are currently configuring it. In this case, hiding the setting might be a better course of action.

I have attached a full working project which demonstrates the issues.

I was also wondering if there is a reference that covers these configuration options. I am using the reference found here: https://admin.stimulsoft.com/documentat ... lsoft.html and I cannot find either setting you have suggested in there.


Thanks
Attachments
Alias_Example_Updating.zip
(1.43 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
Lech Kulikowski
Posts: 3973
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 am

Re: Didn't load all report data once we use manual relationship

Post by Lech Kulikowski » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:38 am

Hello,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, for the JS version, you should use the following code:

Code: Select all

designer.jsObject.options.menus.dictionarySettingsMenu.controls.useAliases.setChecked(true);
designer.jsObject.options.useAliases = true;
Thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-07-26 103827.png
Screenshot 2021-07-26 103827.png (244.73 KiB) Viewed 365 times
DanielHewett
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:52 am

Re: Didn't load all report data once we use manual relationship

Post by DanielHewett » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:49 am

Hi,

Thanks, that solved the checkbox display issue.

I was wondering if you were able to look into the issue with the display of the Alias for the Dataset. In the below image, you can see that the dataset label has the name and the Alias in brackets. Is it possible to just display the alias here? See screenshot below and attached project.
Dataset Alias Issue.png
Dataset Alias Issue.png (12.99 KiB) Viewed 361 times
Thanks
Attachments
Alias_Example_Mapping.zip
(1.65 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Lech Kulikowski
Posts: 3973
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 am

Re: Didn't load all report data once we use manual relationship

Post by Lech Kulikowski » Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:45 pm

Hello,

We have found some issues with Aliases in regData() mehod.
We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
#4472
Lech Kulikowski
Posts: 3973
Joined: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:34 am

Re: Didn't load all report data once we use manual relationship

Post by Lech Kulikowski » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:02 am

Hello,

The issue is fixed. The fix will be available in the next release build.

Thank you.
Post Reply