long text fields in databand overlapping

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
enigma

long text fields in databand overlapping

Post by enigma »

Hello Stimulsoft Team,

today we were facing some big problems with new JS 2016.01 version. When you place a text field in the databand and you don't know the exact length, field is not growing till the next field which is placed under the one mentioned. It is growing till the end of the databand. I have tried to check and uncheck the options can grow and grow to height but still not working. In desperate searching of solution I found how can this be solved (but it is a very very very bad solution - but working), I placed for every field a header and than there was no problem. I think there is some bug in this case, since this could be and should be solved only using a databand and checking options can grow or grow to height. We tried every possibility with these options, but no result. Please take a look at screenshots. There you see the working solution with one header per field, and the solution that is not working when using normal databand.

Solution that should work, but obviously there is some bug: :(
Also in this solution, in viewer you can see that some fields are missing, like some fields are overlaying others.
databand_solution1_designer.png
databand_solution1_designer.png (170.51 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
databand_solution1_viewer.png
databand_solution1_viewer.png (57.51 KiB) Viewed 1556 times

Bad solution with headers, but working (we want this to be all places in one databand, not in 10 headers, but at this moment we didn't get it working on any other way):
headers_solution1_designer.png
headers_solution1_designer.png (162.21 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
headers_solution1_viewer.png
headers_solution1_viewer.png (61.88 KiB) Viewed 1556 times
Software developer from Croatia
HighAley

Re: long text fields in databand overlapping

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Sorry, but we couldn't reproduce the issue.
Please, set the Can Grow and Grow to Height properties of all text components.
Look at the attached report template. If you don't get the right result, try to upgrade to our latest build.
report.png
report.png (22.78 KiB) Viewed 1541 times
Thank you.
Attachments
Report.mrt
(3.15 KiB) Downloaded 167 times