Image on report not printed

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
abgf

Image on report not printed

Post by abgf »

Hello. I am evaluating the Demo version. I have created a sample report wich is seen like the attached picture "reportPreview.png". If I try to print the report (from the designer), the logo image is not printed (and it is marked as printable on the report). When showing the report in the viewer (in a browser), if I pusth the print button, the same happens; the print preview shows the "reportPreview_Printed.png", and it does not print the image. However, if I export it to pdf (from the viewer, for example), the image is shown and if I print from the PDF reader, it prints correctly.

Is this something that happens with the demo version, and on the complete version the image will be shown when printing, or this is an error? Thank your for your attention
Attachments
reportPreview_Printed.png
reportPreview_Printed.png (53.13 KiB) Viewed 6711 times
reportPreview.png
reportPreview.png (68.24 KiB) Viewed 6711 times
Alex K.

Re: Image on report not printed

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Could you send us a simple report which reproduces the issue for analysis?

Thank you.
abgf

Post by abgf »

Hello,

I attach to this post the report where it happened.

Thank you for your attention.
Attachments
reportData.json
(627 Bytes) Downloaded 297 times
report.mrt
(28.95 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
abgf

Post by abgf »

Is there a way to make the viewer export the report to PDF and directly show it directly on the browser (without prompting the user to choose where he wants to save it, and later if he wants to open it)? That solution could work for us, too.

We are interested in buying the license, but we need the report to be printed correctly, with the minimum interaction with the user as possible.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

You can use the following code to export report to PDF and then show it:
https://www.stimulsoft.com/en/samples/j ... ort-to-pdf

Thank you.
abgf

Post by abgf »

Hello, the problem with that is that the file gets downloaded to the download folder and the user has to manually click on in to open it, and we would like the file to be directly opened on the browser.

Nonetheless, I just found out why the images would not be printed on my report. It was an error on my part, I had not checked the "background graphics" checkbox that appears when you click on "more options" on the print popup. Is there a way to set that option programmatically? By setting any viewer option? I have looked in the documentation for Stimulsoft Reports.JS but I haven't found a way to do it.

Thank you for your attention.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Unfortunately, due to the browser limitations, it is not possible to set the printer setting.

Thank you.
abgf

Post by abgf »

I am thinking on ways I could make the logo image to be printed without having to set anything from the browser; is there any way we can make the image not to be portrayed as a background image? I mean, I have seen that if I take the image from an URL or from a data source, the image will be printed from any browser. Is there any possibility to make an image taken from a path in my PC to be treated in a similar way, so the browser does not detect it as background image but as an image tag? If it is not possible, is there any possibility this feature could be implemented in a future release?

Thank you
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

We need some time for looking solution of the issue.
We will let you know when we get any result.

Thank you.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please try to set the following option:

Code: Select all

var options = new Stimulsoft.Designer.StiDesignerOptions();
options.appearance.htmlRenderMode = Stimulsoft.Report.Export.StiHtmlExportMode.Div;
Also, we have added this task to our to-do list. We will try to fix it in the near future.

Thank you.