Load Images into report

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
Alex K.

Re: Load Images into report

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Sorry, maybe we did not exactly understand your question.
You can use the DataColumn or Hyperlink properties for the Image component.

Thank you.
PaPy

Post by PaPy »

Hi,

I try to be more understandable :

Here is a part of the JSON I give to my report :

Code: Select all

{"infoEntreprise":[{"logo": "http://localhost:8056/img/painChocolat.jpg"}]}
So I get my the link of my logo through my report : see attachment "Logo_at_URL.PNG".

When I drag-and-drop my logo on my report, I get this on the designer side : See attachment "after_drag_and_drop.PNG".

If I go to the preview here is what I'm seeing : preview_after_drag_and_drop.PNG.

I found an alternative, I go to Insert -> Image -> HyperLink and drag-and-drop my link = 3 steps to add 1 image. (see attachment "alternative_drag_and_drop_column_logo_to_hyperlink.PNG")
However, with this alternative I don't see my image in my Designer, but I see it in Viewer. (see attachments "after_alternative_method_I_dont_see_image_in_designer.PNG"' and "preview_after_alternative_still_dont_see_in_designer_but_in_viewer.PNG")
Moreover, when I try to move the image in designer, an error is throw (see in attachment "alternative_error_when_I_Move_Image_In_Designer_But_I_See_Image_in_Preview.PNG"). I think the error is throw because the designer do not translate the tag "infoEntreprise.logo", the designer try to go to "localhost:8081/report/tache/{infoEntreprise.logo}" obviously, this file doesn't exist. Is it a bug ? Or is it normal ?

My customers want only one step : Drag-and-drop my column "Logo" on my report to display the image, not the hyperlink. Is there a way to simply drag-and-drop my column "Logo" and display the image ?

Tell me if I have to modify my JSON to give to my logo an image value or I don't know..

I also tryed to use a base64 value to my "logo", changed the type of my column as "Image", it works. But I don't want to add base64 to my .mrt because the .mrt files are stocked in my database. I try the same way for the link, but it doesn't work, I still seeing the hyperLink as the text value.
I'm working on port 8081, my images are on port 8056. I also tryed to use images on the same port (8081) but I got the same problems.

I hope it will help you. I just want to drag-and-drop my column logo on my report to display the image at the URL http://localhost:8056/img/painChocolat.jpg in one step. As I do for all the others columns I want to display.
Attachments
alternative_error_when_I_Move_Image_In_Designer_But_I_See_Image_in_Preview.PNG
alternative_error_when_I_Move_Image_In_Designer_But_I_See_Image_in_Preview.PNG (55.5 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
preview_after_alternative_still_dont_see_in_designer_but_in_viewer.PNG
preview_after_alternative_still_dont_see_in_designer_but_in_viewer.PNG (185.32 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
after_alternative_method_I_dont_see_image_in_designer.PNG
after_alternative_method_I_dont_see_image_in_designer.PNG (147.14 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
alternative_drag_and_drop_column_logo_to_hyperlink.PNG
alternative_drag_and_drop_column_logo_to_hyperlink.PNG (89.63 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
preview_after_drag_and_drop.PNG
preview_after_drag_and_drop.PNG (17.98 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
after_drag_and_drop.PNG
after_drag_and_drop.PNG (143.9 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
Logo_at_URL.PNG
Logo_at_URL.PNG (7.85 KiB) Viewed 4555 times
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

The type of the column is string therefore you get the text component after the drag-n-drop.
If you need to show the image, you should set the Hyperlink property of the image component.

The drag-n-drop is working if the type of the column is image.

Thank you.
PaPy

Post by PaPy »

Hello highAlley,

Thanks for your answer, I already tried what you said but it seems to be not true.

If I set the type of my Hyperlink to Image and drag-and-drop it on my report (as you can see on drag_n_drop_after_set_type_of_hyperLink_to_Image.PNG in attachment)

My HyperLink is use as a text. (as you can see on result.PNG in attachment).

However when I double-click on my tag to see the options I see a type text. (as you can see on after_double_click_on_tag.PNG)

Is it a bug ? Is there a way to set the type in Image dynamicly by code before render the designer ?
Attachments
after_double_click_on_tag.PNG
after_double_click_on_tag.PNG (60.93 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
result.PNG
result.PNG (15.11 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
drag_n_drop_after_set_type_of_hyperLink_to_Image.PNG
drag_n_drop_after_set_type_of_hyperLink_to_Image.PNG (147.84 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

This will not work for your case.
The column should contain an image but not the URL.
So the only way for you is to create an Image component and set the Hyperlink property.

Thank you.
PaPy

Post by PaPy »

Here we are !

So my question is how I could create a StiImage an add it into my dictionnary -> dataBases -> infoEntreprise(my table) to simply drag-and-drop it in my report? :)
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to do this right now in Reports.JS.
Give us some time and we will try to find a solution for you.

Thank you.

Ticket reference: #4706
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

We have made an improvement of the issue with moving images.
There will be no error in our next build.

Thank you.