Report Designer IsModified

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
markb

Report Designer IsModified

Post by markb »

Is there a property that I can get access to, which defines if the current design has been changed, and therefore there is a pending change (design is dirty). I want to override the onbeforeunload event, so that I can control the saving of changes within the host application.

So ideally I need to be able to set ignoreBeforeUnload to true and check reportIsModified from within a button click in my js code.
Alex K.

Re: Report Designer IsModified

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Sorry, maybe we did not exactly understand your question. Could you explain your issue in more details?

Thank you.
markb

Post by markb »

Hi Aleksey

Sorry maybe it was the way i explained it. I have your JS designer wrapped into my web site. I need to know when the designer has changes that haven't been saved, so I can prompt the user to make sure changes are saved before leaving the page. Which means I need a property from your designer that I can check to see if the designer has pending changes, and I need to switch off your beforeunload event so it doesnt get in the way of my navigation. By looking in your JS i can see the properties ignoreBeforeUnload which looks like an option setting, and also reportIsModified.

Thanks

Mark
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Yes, you can use designer.jsObject.options.reportIsModified = true, if in the report were changes. And you can turn off our event, you can remove it:
window.onbeforeunload = null;

Thank you.