Charts With Aggregated Data

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
si_wattsy

Charts With Aggregated Data

Post by si_wattsy »

Hello,

I am current trialling your Reports JS project for use in an upcoming project having previous used your Dashboards JS project successfully. All is going pretty smoothly until I get to the point of testing the charting functionality. Back in the Dashboard Js project you can simply drag in a field of any data type and preform an aggregation on the data (count by default) for use in the chart. This does not seem to be the case for the reporting function. There does appear to be a "value" field when editing the series settings which allows for an expression but adding count expression to a string field does not seem to have any impact on the charts data like it does in the Dashboard components.

I have read a few comments and have seen that you have suggested in the past that other user use a new datasoruce "From other datasource" and while this works I do not think it is feasible for end users to follow this process, particularly since in this project the I will be loading in the datasources at runtime as the system cannot have the end user adding their own datasources into the system but they do need the flexibility to build their own outputs.

How can I get the Reports system to behave like the Dashboard system in this case?

PS the behaviour of the Reports is identical in the desktop software to the JS version

Thanks,

Simon
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Charts With Aggregated Data

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

At the current moment, we are working on the Chart Editor refactoring in the report engine. We will try to simplify it.

Thank you.
si_wattsy

Post by si_wattsy »

Thanks for the update.

Do you have a timescale on this being released? Obviously would be an annoyance to get users to create reports only to then have everything simplified. I think the Reports and Dashboard designers should be as similar as possible as then I can easily integrate the dashboard controls after users are used to the reports designer.

Thanks,

Simon
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We are working at simplifying but in any case editors will be different in report and dashboards engine.
Unfortunately, It not possible to make chart editor in reports as dashboards at the current moment.

Thank you.