subreport component RTL not working

Stimulsoft Reports.JS discussion
ossabla

subreport component RTL not working

Post by ossabla »

Hi,

Right to Left feature no longer works after the last updates. I checked RTL feature in last versions and noticed that this feature is not working in subreport component despite it was working well in previous versions like 2021.2.2 version. I also noticed that while using 2021.2.2 version my report which consist of only one page was outputting only one page but after updating to last versions like 2021.3.6 and 2021.3.7 it outputs, in addition to the first page, one extra blank page. For your information, the report was the same when testing it on old and new versions.

Thanks!
Andrew

Re: subreport component RTL not working

Post by Andrew »

Hello,

Please send us the report template with test data to check the issue.

And follow the next to solve a problem rapidly we need the following information from you:
- Product name and its version;
- Detailed description of the problem and how to reproduce it;
- Your operating system, its version and localization, installed service-packs;
- Version the of Microsoft .NET Framework package installed and its localization or some other frameworks;
- A name of your development framework and its version;
- Additional information that can help us solve your problem.

Thank you.
ossabla

Post by ossabla »

Hello and thanks for your reply and my apologize for no quick answer.
Regarding the extra blank page printed, I have fixed it by reducing font size but didn't know why this fixed the issue of printing the extra page while the old version was working without this issue. This is FYI.

Regarding the right to left behavior. Producing this issue is very simple and by the way this is only occur with any text component inside subreport component only and as I said this issue isn't exist in version 2021.2.2. Also, this behavior doesn't occur in design mode but only in preview and printing.

Well, I tested this behavior using the online demo on this link
https://demo.stimulsoft.com/demo_js_202 ... ization=en

The problem is when setting the Right to left property of a text component to true and playing with the horizontal alignment no matter which alignment you select (right or left) the text will always align itself to the right side.

Hope the above information will be satisfied.

Thanks!
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis on support@stimulsoft.com

Thank you.