Sharing filters between dashboard and report

Stimulsoft Dashboards.WEB discussion
jlorue

Sharing filters between dashboard and report

Post by jlorue »

Hi,
I have created a dashboard where I inserted at the top diferent filters based on dashboard fields (not a variable, I mean a filter that you can choose in the insert tab of the designer).
I would like to create a 2nd page, and in that 2nd page to have a report where its data can be filtered according the filter selection of page 1 (where the dashboard is).
Is there any possibility that the filter selection in the Dashboard can be used also to filter the report?
Thanks,
Jose Luis
HighAley

Re: Sharing filters between dashboard and report

Post by HighAley »

Hello, Jose.

Unfortunately, it's impossible to use the Filters from dashboard on the report page.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Thanks, I understand.
Anyway, what would recommend to do if after filtering a Dashboard I would like to generate a report with some data of it?

My current situation is that I have both a Dashboard and a Report to represent almost the same info. If after filtering the Dashboard I would like a report of that info, I need to go to the report, and filter it again (same combination of filters). Just wanted to know if after filtering a Dashboard I had a more straightforward option to obtain a report based on the same selections.

Any idea is welcomed.
Thanks
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

As a way, you can try to use the Request From User Variables.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Hi Lech,
I have been reading this section where it explains how to show a drill down dashboard from a main Dashboard: https://www.stimulsoft.com/en/documenta ... action.htm

In this case I learned that by clicking on a field of a main Dashboard, and defining parameters in the interaction setting, the drill down dashboard can be filtered based on those parameters.

So the question is:

Is there any possibility using the same tool to open a "drill down report" (intead of a Dashboard) that can be filtered based on the arguments defined in the interaction settings of the field of the main Dahboard?

Thanks
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Yes, you can open the report by drill down from the dashboard. Please check the sample.

Thank you.
Attachments
DashboardToReport.mrt
(21.38 KiB) Downloaded 141 times