Dashboard filters informations for large row quantity

Stimulsoft Dashboards.WEB discussion
r.bianco

Dashboard filters informations for large row quantity

Post by r.bianco »

Hello
If I understood correctly, the dashboards first loads all the data in memory and then applies the filters on that data, no new queries in DB.

I have the following problems:
I have a big table with a detail of about 200.000 records, which is a big load for the dashboard, which are composed by ARTICLE, CATEGORY, YEAR, MONTH, VALUE.
I want to get averages and totals for year and month, so I set up 2 checklists to select the years and the months I want to show, so I can't group the records before, because the averages and totals must be shown for the selected year and month.
I set up the relations so Article.YEAR is linked to years.YEAR and the same for the month.
When I select the years they get filtered as I expect
If I select the month I get the month of all the years, like if it's ignoring the YEAR filter.
Same if I filter for category, it ignores the year.

I also have a separate query for an istogram chart to show the totals by year and month, there I don't have the category column. How could I set a filter on an article or a category in that query without extracting all the 200k rows? A variable?

I would know what is the correct way to set up a dashboard for this quantity of data.

Thank you

EDIT:
If I use the relations to filter the 200k rows dataset I get this error when I launch the dashboard

Code: Select all

[OutOfMemoryException: Generata eccezione di tipo 'System.OutOfMemoryException'.]
   System.Data.Common.DecimalStorage.SetCapacity(Int32 capacity) +22
   System.Data.RecordManager.set_RecordCapacity(Int32 value) +83
   System.Data.RecordManager.GrowRecordCapacity() +73
   System.Data.RecordManager.NewRecordBase() +46
   System.Data.DataTable.NewRecordFromArray(Object[] value) +73
   System.Data.DataRowCollection.Add(Object[] values) +16
   System.Data.DataTable.UpdatingAdd(Object[] values) +323
   System.Data.DataTable.LoadDataRow(Object[] values, Boolean fAcceptChanges) +425
   Stimulsoft.Data.Engine.StiDataRowJoiner.LeftJoinRowsV2(StiDataLink link) +627
   Stimulsoft.Data.Engine.StiDataRowJoiner.Join(StiDataJoinType type, StiDataLink link) +46
   Stimulsoft.Data.Engine.StiDataJoiner.Join(IEnumerable`1 tables, List`1 links, IStiApp app) +757
   Stimulsoft.Data.Engine.StiDataAnalyzer.Analyze(IStiQueryObject query, String group, IEnumerable`1 meters, StiDataRequestOption option, IEnumerable`1 userSorts, IEnumerable`1 userFilters, IEnumerable`1 dataFilters, IEnumerable`1 dataActions, IEnumerable`1 transformSorts, IEnumerable`1 transformFilters, IEnumerable`1 transformActions, IEnumerable`1 drillDownFilters) +1107
   Stimulsoft.Report.Dashboard.StiElementDataCache.Create(IStiElement element, StiDataRequestOption option) +285
   Stimulsoft.Report.Dashboard.StiElementDataCache.GetOrCreate(IStiElement element, StiDataRequestOption option) +111
   Stimulsoft.Report.Web.Helpers.Dashboards.StiListBoxElementViewHelper.GetElementItems(IStiListBoxElement listBoxElement) +42
   Stimulsoft.Report.Web.Helpers.Dashboards.StiDashboardElementViewHelper.GetElementContentAttributes(IStiElement element, Double scaleX, Double scaleY, StiRequestParams requestParams) +67
   Stimulsoft.Report.Web.StiReportHelper.GetDashboardPage(StiReport report, Int32 pageIndex, StiRequestParams requestParams) +3794
   Stimulsoft.Report.Web.StiReportHelper.GetPagesArray(StiReport report, StiRequestParams requestParams) +411
   Stimulsoft.Report.Web.StiReportHelper.ViewerResult(StiRequestParams requestParams, StiReport report) +761
   Stimulsoft.Report.Web.StiWebViewer.ProcessRequest(StiRequestParams requestParams) +357
   Stimulsoft.Report.Web.StiWebViewer.OnInit(EventArgs e) +48
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +139
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +312
   System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer) +312
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +408
[code]

These are the relations I set up
[attachment=0]filters_dashboard.PNG[/attachment]
Attachments
filters_dashboard.PNG
filters_dashboard.PNG (9.52 KiB) Viewed 2392 times
Soft System srl
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Dashboard filters informations for large row quantity

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
r.bianco

Post by r.bianco »

I'll send you an email

Thank you
Soft System srl
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Thank you.
r.bianco

Post by r.bianco »

Hello,

how do I export the data in XML with a dashboard? I'm used to put the writexml and writexmlschema functions in the report's before print event, but dashboards don't have events.

Thank you.
Soft System srl
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Only in your code. Events are not supported in the dashboard products.

Thank you.