Link to image does not work

Stimulsoft Dashboards.WEB discussion
jlorue

Link to image does not work

Post by jlorue »

Hi,
I have built a Dashboard table that shows URLs links to external images.
The MySQL dataset from where it is reading the data has the last part of the URL, so I have added in the table editor a pattern to build the whole URL.

When I work from Stimulsoft Designer (in Preview) it works perfect. I mean, I click on the link and it opens a browser window to display the image.

However, when I open the Dashboard from a browser, when I click on the link it does not work. Instead I am getting this expression at the end of the url:
%7Bfindingsimages.pathFileName%7D or {findingsimages.pathFileName} (depending on the browser where I am working on)

In other words, when it works from the Designer it can build the whole URL path perfectly, but when it works from somewhere else it cannot build the path.

What should I do?

Thanks
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Link to image does not work

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please try to add the calculated column with your expression and then use it for image.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Thanks Lech, but I have tried that in several ways and I could not make it work.

Some examples where it did not work:
- The field contains the last part of the URL. The root is the same url of the site, so I need to construct the whole link between the root and the field content.
- I created the calculated column to build the whole link, and I put that calculated column field in the pattern section, but it did not work
- I edited the query of the table adding field where I used the CONCAT MySQL expression to build the whole link (I created a new column with that field), but when I used that in the pattern section it did not work

The only ways I could build the link and make it work was:
1) from the designer. But when I open the Dashboard NOT from designer, it does not recognize the "{" symbol (is is translated as %7B )
2) I manually wrote the whole link in the pattern section of the table field, and it also works (of course this is not a real solution as it needs to construct the link between the root and the field content)

Could you please be more specific about what to do?

Thanks!
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Please send us a sample report with test data that reproduces the issue for analysis, we will try to find a solution for you.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Hi,

I am sending you the sample report (example.mrt) and the excel file (example.xlsx) I am using. It is a very simple example to simulate the issue (sorry if there is a better way to send you an example, but I do not know how to do that).

As you can see, the excel file has a field called "Path", that has data such as "/tecnologia", etc).
On the other side, you have a Table in the dashboard that shows that data. In this field I selected the Hyperlink option where I wrote https://www.lanacion.com.ar{Hoja1.path}

The problem is that when I access to the dashboard using a browser (embedded in a page) and click on this hyperlink, instead of leading me to https://www.lanacion.com.ar/tecnologia , the address is https://www.lanacion.com.ar%7BHoja1.path%7B

What should I do?
Attachments
Example.xlsx
(8.56 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Example.mrt
(6.24 KiB) Downloaded 177 times
user2000

Post by user2000 »

Hi,

please try this. You have to use like that https://www.lanacion.com.ar{Row.path}
Attachments
Example_new.mrt
(16.38 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue.

Thank you.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-28 001942.png
Screenshot 2021-04-28 001942.png (84.57 KiB) Viewed 3626 times
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Hi Leach,

Yes, if you run it from Stimulsoft Designer it works. The problem is that when I embed the Dashboard in a page it does not work.

It does not recognize the "{" symbol, so the link where it leads to is https://www.lanacion.com.ar%7BHoja1.path%7D

Regarding the recommendation I received from another user about using {Row.path}, it does not work neither (same behavior).

And I really need to make it work...

What should I do?
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

Could you clarify what do you mean about "when I embed the Dashboard in a page"?
How do you load and show your dashboard?

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Hi Lech,
I am using an ASPNET-MVC like this

<form method="post" action='@Url.Action("Submit")'>
@Html.StiNetCoreViewer(new StiNetCoreViewerOptions()
{
Actions =
{
GetReport = "StimulsoftViewer/GetReport?report=reporte1" + @report,
ViewerEvent = "StimulsoftViewer/ViewerEvent"
}
})
</form>

The point is that it is not recognizing the "{ }" symbols that wrap the path to the image.

What should I do?