Visibility of Dashboard table's field

Stimulsoft Dashboards.WEB discussion
jlorue

Visibility of Dashboard table's field

Post by jlorue »

Hi,
I saw that recent Designer versions 2021.3.2 and 2021.3.3 changed in the tables the field visibility setting. Instead of a checkbox it is now a drop down.
Even though it works OK in the designer, when I read the dashboard using an ASPNET-MVC by some reason it does not work, I mean, it remains visible even if the setting indicates to hide it (Visibility = false).
Is there anything different I should do to hide a column?
Thanks,
José Luis
Lech Kulikowski

Re: Visibility of Dashboard table's field

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue. Could you explain your issue in more detail?

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Hi Lech,
Yes, I'll explain it again:
- I created a table in a dashboard that I read using ASPNET-MVC (to show the Dashboard in a browser).
- This Dashboard has a single table, where I need to hide one of its columns.
- In a previous Designer version, I just checked a box called "Visible" (check = visible / uncheck = not visible) in the table's column settings and it worked OK.
- But since Designer version 2021.3.2 this setting changed from a box to a drop down where I found 3 options (True,False,Expression).
- In the Designer, if I set it as "False" it works OK, I mean when I see the table in the "Preview" tab, that table's column does not appear.
- The problem is that when I see the Dashboard from a browser (using ASPNET-MVC) the column remains visible.

What should I do?

Thanks
Jose Luis
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue. Please send us a sample that reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Hi,
As requested, this is the example.
I have a very simple table with 3 columns.
I configured for Column 3 the "Visible" setting equal to "False".
However, as I mentioned in my previous notes (sorry if I do not repeat the details), when I see it through a browser column 3 remains visible (please note that until Designer version 2021.2.4, where the visibility setting has a different format, if I selected it to be non visible it worked perfectly).

This is the best example I could prepare for you. If by some reason you can't still reproduce the problem, plrease give me at least some guidance to fix it as it is generating me several problems.

Thanks in advance
Attachments
Example2.mrt
(6.64 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We need some additional time to investigate the issue, we will let you know about the result.

Thank you.
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue. Please check the 2021.3.4 build.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Hello,
Not working in 2021.3.4 build.
Please note that if I save the Dashboard with 2021.2.4 build it works. In this case the table column's visibility property is simply unchecked.
But if I save the exactly the same Dashboard with 2021.3.4 build - where the column visibility property is set as "false" - the column does not dissappears and remains visible (please note that when I save it in 2021.3.4 I just open the file previously saved in 2021.2.4 and save it again but with this 2021.3.4 designer version).

So, it seems it is something related to the build version, given that if I save it with 2021.2.4 it works, but if I save it with any later version it does not work.

Looking forward to your comments.

Thanks,
Jose Luis
Lech Kulikowski

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce the issue on the last release build.

Please send a sample project and step-by-step guide on how to reproduce the issue.

Thank you.
jlorue

Post by jlorue »

Hi Lech,
The issue is solved. It was a mistake from my side.
Thanks anyway,
Jose Luis