RichText - Table Borders dont show

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
simgschw

RichText - Table Borders dont show

Post by simgschw »

I currently trying to add arbitrary big tables to my reports. (in a RichText)
"\trowd\cellx1000\cellx2000\cellx3000 cell 1\intbl\cell lots of text in cell two\intbl\cell cell 3\intbl\cell\row"
This works fine although there are no borders.
For some reason, when i add borders to my table they still don't show on my report. In Word this works fine.
"\trowd\clbrdrt\brdrs\clbrdrl\brdrs\clbrdrb\brdrs\clbrdrr\brdrs\cellx1000\clbrdrt\brdrs\clbrdrl\brdrs\clbrdrb\brdrs\clbrdrr\brdrs\cellx2000\clbrdrt\brdrs\clbrdrl\brdrs\clbrdrb\brdrs\clbrdrr\brdrs\cellx3000 cell 1\intbl\cell lots of text in cell two\intbl\cell cell 3\intbl\cell\row"
Same output as above.
CodeSnippets used from: http://www.pindari.com/rtf3.html

Does Stimulsoft even support borders?
In Documentation it says that RTF 1.4 is used, and borders are already part of the specification.
Any Ideas?

I added the mrt-file below.
Attachments
Reporttestrtf.mrt
Test File for RTF-table-borders
(4.81 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Lech Kulikowski

Re: RichText - Table Borders dont show

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

We are using the standard NetFramework RichText component to show rich text.
This component using a standard Windows library, it has much less functionality than MS-Word. You could see how this library works if you open your rtf-file in WordPad.
Notice: Use Open file menu, because if you drag and drop the file on the WordPad, it will be embedded as one object which is possible to edit in Microsoft Word only.

RichText is displayed almost the same way as in WordPad. The difference is that you can see the gray Table Gridlines in the screenshot.
They are also visible in MS-Word if you enable the "View Table Gridlines" option in the Table Layout menu.

So, unfortunately, there is nothing we can do about it.
P.S. Previously can be forced the loading of a more powerful library from MS-Office on Win7. However, this method no longer works on Win10.

Thank you.