Report Inheritance - Creation of the basic class of a report

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
tammamkoujan

Re: Report Inheritance - Creation of the basic class of a re

Post by tammamkoujan »

Hello,
Please, describe your issue more detailed. What format your reports are stored now?
my scenario is base report added to my application as C# file so I can manage, extend , wrap features , .. inside it through my code, (as example all reports has a report title , connection string, .. )

What result do you need to get?
more flexible easy to maintain reports management, Strongly-typed reports

Why don't you use our product as were suggested?
it leak for flexibility, I mentioned that before :
Imagine that I have 100 reports into my system if I used this way then when I change the design of the base report
I should go through the 100 reports and update the MasterReport property for each one.
already I asked about your best recommendation but did not get an answer
I will appreciate if you recommend me about the best scenario when I have an enterprise application where there is a base report class include the common properties and variables between reports and I can handle it through my code while the real reports are saved in a central place (i.e. database)
Thank you
HighAley

Re: Report Inheritance - Creation of the basic class of a re

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

As we wrote before, it's possible to add master report to report template but if you use reports in C# files, these files contain compiled report. The components of master report are added before compiling. The only way out we had already suggested to you. You could use our source code to change the StiReport class by adding components from master report.
Reminding once again: It's possible to use master report before compiling only.

Thank you.
mtecnic

Re: Report Inheritance - Creation of the basic class of a report

Post by mtecnic »

Hello @tammamkoujan,
How did you ever managed the creation of a base report? Or you modify all reports by hand when it the base changes?