Parent Columns and Child Columns don't have type-matching co

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
simgschw

Re: Parent Columns and Child Columns don't have type-matchin

Post by simgschw »

Hi,

I changed the datatype as you suggested. Finally the report is correct and you can try to run the sample c# project provided in a previous post. Keep in mind to change the report in the debug directory.

The c# project is a simple windows forms application. Just run it and click the button. The exception Parent Columns and Child Columns don't have type-matching column types occurs immediately.

Thanks.
Attachments
Befund Mikro Hanusch ohne Connection.mrt
(52.83 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

We couldn't reproduce this bug.
Can you please send us a step by step guide how to reproduce the issue.

Thanky ou.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (68.76 KiB) Viewed 3708 times
simgschw

Post by simgschw »

Hi,

1. download zip folder StimulsoftAssemblies and unzip it
2. download zip folder SampleProject and unzip it (zip folder is available in next post due to limited upload)
3. got to folder StimulsoftAntibiogrammReporting\StimulsoftAntibiogrammReporting\ReferencedAssemblies and copy all assemblies from StimulsoftAssemblies
4. go to folder StimulsoftAntibiogrammReporting\StimulsoftAntibiogrammReporting\bin\x64\Debug and adapt connection string from report Befund Mikro Hanusch.mrt (according to your oracle database for which i gave you the sql insert statements)
5. open StimulsoftAntibiogrammReporting.sln in Visual Studio
6. run application in debug mode

When you run the application you see this form:
form.png
form.png (22.99 KiB) Viewed 3704 times
Clickevents in the form:

a. When you click the button Report without extra DataSource - open in Designer, the report is loaded, rendered and designer is opened
b. When you click the button Report without extra DataSource -> show ReportPreview, the report is loaded, rendered and show in preview
c. When you click the button Report without extra DataSource -> open in Designer, the report is loaded, an additional datasource and also another sticomponent is added, rendered and designer is opened ==> when rendering exception occurs
d. When you click the button Report with extra DataSource -> show ReportPreview, the report is loaded, an additional datasource and also another sticomponent is added, rendered and preview is opened ==> when rendering exception occurs
e. When you click the button Report with extra DataSource -> no Render and open in Designer, the report is loaded , an additional datasource and also another sticomponent is added, and the designer is opened without rendering

When you click button from c or d, exception occurs when rendering the report. When you click button from e, exception occurs when you switch to preview when the designer already is opened.

Please help me with the exception Parent Columns and Child Columns don't have type-matching column types.
Last edited by simgschw on Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
simgschw

Post by simgschw »

Sample project zip mentioned in previous post.
Attachments
Sample Project.zip
(657.61 KiB) Downloaded 173 times
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

If you try to use the Retrieve Columns for the MaterialEingangKeimKultur datasource, you get the Decimal type for ID and IDMATERIALEINGANG columns. This type returns ADO.NET oledb provider for Oracle. But columns MaterialEingangKeimId and KulturArtId have type - Int in your additional datasource "ME_4097704_Kultur_mit_MHK1_1". Please try to change the type for these columns on Decimal.

Thank you.
simgschw

Post by simgschw »

Hi,

this is working !

Thank you.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Let us know if you need any additional help.

Thank you.
cbrydon

Post by cbrydon »

I am having a similar problem - and maybe more than one. I have two data connections, one to a SQL Server database and one to an ORACLE database - I am trying to establish a relate between one of the SQLServer tables and one of the ORACLE tables. The key field in each table is called AssetID. If I right click on the AssetID column and choose edit (in the list of columns in the report Datasources), the SQL Server column shows as a string - which would expect because the key field is actually an alphanumeric string. However when I choose edit on the AssetID column from the ORACLE datasource, it shows as a decimal. I'm not really sure how this could be given that there are characters in the AssetID value

Things I've tried to resolve the problem...
1. Casting both columns in my query string to varchar, char, or decimal - None of which work.
2. Using the edit (on the column in datasources column list) and changing both columns to string (or decimal) - neither of which work.

I do have cache all data set to True and the Report Cache mode set to on.

Is there anything else I can try?

Currently I only have access to Stimulsoft Reports Web build 2015.3, Flash Player 25 on WIidows 7-64-bit.
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Please send us a simple report and test data which reproduces the issue for analysis.

Thank you.
cbrydon

Post by cbrydon »

Hi Aleksey,

Thanks for the response. I spoke about this with a colleague and she suggested using Varchar2 data type when doing a cast in
a query as opposed to just a Varchar. I did this and it worked!!

Cheers,
Carl