"Object reference not set" in StiComponentV2Builder

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
John

"Object reference not set" in StiComponentV2Builder

Post by John »

Hallo Support,

I recently added a new version of your dlls to our project and, on testing discovered that I now receive an error for certain of our reports.
Firstly, here are some details:
Error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
Occurs in: Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiComponentV2Builder.Render
file version - 2014.3.17.0
Runtime version - v4.0.30319

The only dlls we use are Stimulsoft.Report and Stimulsoft.Base. In version 2014.3.7.0 everything works fine.
Unfortuately, I do not get any further information on the error. I cannot see which line of code in the Render method causes it.

Now I'm not sure what to do. Normally I'd send you a test project with an example. However, in this case, the report is being created dynamically at runtime in c#. It is very embedded in our whole solution and although I saved the c# code and data source whilst debugging, by using these files in a separate test project I was not able to reproduce the issue.
The report itself produces a table with a lot of icons and I am not using a template for creating it.

Have you had problems recently with the "Render" method?
Do you have any idea what I could do to solve this?

Thanks very much.

John Kitching
Alex K.

Re: "Object reference not set" in StiComponentV2Builder

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Can you please send us a full error stack.

Thank you.
John

Post by John »

Hello Alexsey,

sorry for the delay in replying. Here's the stack trace:

Code: Select all

bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiComponentV2Builder.Render(StiComponent masterComp) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\Builders\StiComponentV2Builder.cs:Line 124.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Components.StiComponent.Render() in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Components\StiComponent.cs:Line 1024.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiContainerV2Builder.InternalRender(StiComponent masterComp) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\Builders\StiContainerV2Builder.cs:Line 186.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiBandV2Builder.InternalRender(StiComponent masterComp) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\Builders\StiBandV2Builder.cs:Line 132.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Components.StiComponent.InternalRender() in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Components\StiComponent.cs:Line 1017.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiEngine.InternalRenderBand(StiBand band, Boolean ignorePageBreaks, Boolean allowRenderingEvents, Boolean& isChildsEnabled) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\StiEngine.cs:Line 2536.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiEngine.RenderBand(StiBand band, Boolean ignorePageBreaks, Boolean allowRenderingEvents) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\StiEngine.cs:Line 2355.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiDataBandV2Builder.RenderBand(StiDataBand masterDataBand, StiBand band, Boolean ignorePageBreaks, Boolean allowRenderingEvents) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\Builders\StiDataBandV2Builder.cs:Line 1507.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiDataBandV2Builder.RenderMaster(StiDataBand masterDataBand) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\Builders\StiDataBandV2Builder.cs:Line 1735.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Components.StiDataBand.RenderMaster() in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Components\Bands\StiDataBand.cs:Line 1502.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiPageHelper.RenderPage(StiPage page) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\StiPageHelper.cs:Line 447.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiRenderProviderV2.RenderReport(StiReport report, StiReport masterReport, StiRenderState state) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\StiRenderProviderV2.cs:Line 1293.
   bei Stimulsoft.Report.Engine.StiRenderProviderV2.Render(StiReport report, StiRenderState state) in d:\Stimulsoft\Stimulsoft.Reports\Stimulsoft.Report\Engine\EngineV2\StiRenderProviderV2.cs:Line 378.
In the attachment you more or less see where abouts it is crashing. I added the StiComponentV2Builder class by reverse engineering for testing.

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,
John Kitching
Attachments
StiComponentV2Builder class in the debugger
StiComponentV2Builder class in the debugger
Screenshot.jpg (690.06 KiB) Viewed 2210 times
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Very strange error, in this place does not should occurs any errors, all check is correct. Perhaps some internal .NET Framework bugs.
Please clarify the following information:
- this error occurs on any PC or one
- which version of OS, 32 or 64
- if possible, can you please check prerelease build after 2014.3.7, after which build the error occurs

Thank you.
billy.goforth

Post by billy.goforth »

Did you find an answer to this issue? I'm having the same issue.
Lech Kulikowski

Post by Lech Kulikowski »

Hello,

Please clarify the following information:
- this error occurs on any PC or one
- which version of OS, 32 or 64
- which product and version are you use

Thank you.