Windows report designer, bug when copying a chart.

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
Robban

Windows report designer, bug when copying a chart.

Post by Robban »

Hello,

I use the report designer tool in windows to create a template for a chart report. I have run into a problem when i copy & paste a Chart component which is bound to a Business Object i call "Dataset1".

When i edit the new copy of the chart component and change the Value and Argument settings of the series to be bound to "Dataset2" it seams that it still has a connection to Dataset1 when i save my changes.

I have looked in the XML data of the mrt-file and found out that the designer seems to save the wrong "<BusinessObjectGuid>" for the new copy of the chart component. This makes the rendered report look strange...

I'm using version 2017.1.11 and have a license for Reports.Net.

Please have a look at the attached files. I have two images demonstrating the result of the rendered report. Before and after my manual change in the MRT XML data. I have also attached the problematic mrt-file.

I also want to say that i really love Stimulsoft reports. This is the first time since 2012 i have run into a problem that i can not fix by myself. So thank you guys for doing a great job!
:)
Attachments
This is how it should look after i corrected the BusinessObjectGuid in the XML data.
This is how it should look after i corrected the BusinessObjectGuid in the XML data.
chart_after_correction_in_mrt_xml.PNG (34.5 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
The green &quot;Dataset 2&quot;-chart shows some strange data from both Dataset1 and Dataset2.
The green "Dataset 2"-chart shows some strange data from both Dataset1 and Dataset2.
chart_problem.PNG (35.79 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
chart.mrt
Search for the string "581e8ae3cb954177ae704bfd310d1273" in the XML and you will find that it is bound to both Chart1 and Chart2 even thou i have changed the binding in the designer tool
(25.6 KiB) Downloaded 293 times
HighAley

Re: Windows report designer, bug when copying a chart.

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

Thank you for the description of the issue.
We need some time for analysis.
We will let you know when we get any result.

Thank you.

Ticket reference: #5054
HighAley

Re: Windows report designer, bug when copying a chart.

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

When you copy the chart, the Data Source property is set to a Data Source and you should change it when you change the argument and value to a column from another Data Source.
image (1).png
image (1).png (74.92 KiB) Viewed 1370 times
Thank you.