Memory isn't released after render report

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
luis073094

Memory isn't released after render report

Post by luis073094 »

When I run a report of approximately 4000 pages, it uses an excessive part of RAM, then this rendered report is packaged in the Server, using approx. 3000MB.
Then this package is downloaded to the client, and to be able to visualize the report uses 2800MB.
In both stages, the RAM memory size is excessive and, in addition, the memory out of memory message sometimes appears.
As if this were enough, the report is displayed, then closed and the memory used by it is not released! Failing to execute another report due to lack of memory.
I need an urgent solution for these 2 problems, the use of excessive memory in server and client; and the memory not released after executing a report.
It should be said, that I have enabled the options to use cache. :x
Attachments
5.png
5.png (212.29 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
4.png
4.png (248.71 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
3.png
3.png (233.51 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
2.png
2.png (221.89 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
1.png
1.png (239.74 KiB) Viewed 5052 times
Edward

Re: Memory isn't released after render report

Post by Edward »

Hi Luis,

Please let us know the version you are using. If your report contains lots of images, then recently we have made some improvements on how these images are stored in the memory, so it is worth to give the new version a go to help your server.

As for the memory management we are using the .Net standard memory management, nothing special, so the Garbage Collection is the way the memory is getting released.

As a workaround to avoid such a massive number of pages we usually recommend to use the report parameters, to limit the required data to some more sensible numbers, something like that:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OARslvYADBI
and the value of the variable/parameter can be received in the report before its generation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6F3nbG5RLE
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5779

Thank you,
Edward
luis073094

Post by luis073094 »

Hi Edward,
I have the 2016.2.0 version of Stimulsoft .NET

My report does not contain any images.
Obviously I use filters to get the necessary information, but for this case it is a sales report per month.
Why loading the report uses so much memory? You should load only the pages that are being viewed, and the rest load them on scroll or something like that :?:
Do not give me any solution?
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Luis,

If the report does not use much images, then the reason of such a big consumption of memory might be the amount of data you are sending to the report. And you mentioned that this is happening on the server. Please consider the SQL parameters or variables to limit the data for the report. If you just using filters, then all the data is being sent to the report anyway, not only the filtered out data.

Thank you,
Edward.
Milton Guevara

Post by Milton Guevara »

Hi Edward
Any reporting tool should allow you to handle high volumes of information, the key concept here is pagination. The program should NOT bring everything to RAM, it should paginate, this is critical. I have seen several posts on this same problem, please solve it at once.
luis073094

Post by luis073094 »

I send you my rendered file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EZr ... 2dBWXZkQnM, extracted with the sentence:

Code: Select all

report.SavePackedDocument("PackedDocument.mdz")
Try to view your report using this file and the statement:

Code: Select all

report.LoadPackedDocument("PackedDocument.mdz")
(the mrt file isn't necessary)
Show me that you can visualize or give me a solution !!!.

In my work the visualization of thousands of pages is necessary! and any reporting tool should withstand this stress, you shouldn't load everything in memory, instead you should paginate the information, it's a basic concept!
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Luis and Milton,

Thank you for explaining the problems you are facing. We are here to help and to find an acceptable solution. Please bear with us and I am sure we can suggest you something suitable.

Thank you,
Edward
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Guys,

I have responded to the request from support[at]stimulsoft.com . Please feel free to contact the support, so there is a ready workaround for that! :)

Thank you,
Edward
fariba_asal

Post by fariba_asal »

Hi

I have the same problem. Can you help me?

Thank you
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

What version of our product do you use?
If it is not the latest, please, upgrade to the latest build.
If you still need our help, send us a sample that reproduces the issue.

Thank you.