Report loading slow

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
jagathprasanga

Report loading slow

Post by jagathprasanga »

Hello,
I'm using Stimulsoft reports in Asp.Net Core project. But I'm experiencing very slow report loading via network (Other contents are loading very fast).
I have attached my report file for reference.
Please help.
Thank you.
Jagath
Attachments
BreakdownCauses.mrt
(53.7 KiB) Downloaded 207 times
Edward

Re: Report loading slow

Post by Edward »

Hi Jagath,

I can see a join statement in your SQL query. A very unlikely scenario that the query worked quite slow, but just in case, please try to change the SQL query with a plain select query of dummy data for your report, and compare the performance.
Also please check out our plans here that will definitely improve the performance of the report rendering in .Net Core environment: https://www.stimulsoft.com/en/blog/news ... nouncement

Thank you,
Edward
jagathprasanga

Post by jagathprasanga »

Hi Edward,
My reports are having very less data, and query takes 1-3ms to execute in local PC, even in Stimulsoft designer.
When I try to load via LAN, browser wait about 15-20 Seconds before appear Stimulsoft loading circle. After appearing Stimulsoft loading circle loading finishes with in 1 Seconds-2 Seconds.
I think the query executes in server end, and client end receives only the results of the query, is it right?

Thank you.
Jagath.
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Jagath,

True, your way of understanding the query execution is correct. That is happening on server 100%, and then all the data that is returned by the query is sent to the report's Dictionary. Then this data is processed by the report engine into its the internal format and the report generation is happening. Because you tested with the local version of the Stimulsoft Winforms designer and the performance was satisfactory, then we can exclude the query performance issue out of the equation.
Could you please explain what you meant by
load via LAN
Please try to load some standard samples in that way from the following URL and then let us know your results:

https://github.com/stimulsoft/Samples-N ... -JS-CSharp

Thank you,
Edward
jagathprasanga

Post by jagathprasanga »

Hi Edward,

Meaning of "load via LAN" : I have hosted my application in one PC (with Kestrel server) and I'm trying to browse that site on another PC on same Local Area Network (LAN)

I checked it for "SimpleList.mrt" sample report data source is wwwroot\data\Demo.json at the server.
Its also having same delay in first phase (before appear Stimulsoft loading circle) and second phase same.
I thing sql query is not the major cause for this delay.
Please help me.
Thank you,
Jagath.
HighAley

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

It seems that our JS scrips are loading so much time.
Could you look at browser's console and send us more information about timing?

Thank you.
jagathprasanga

Post by jagathprasanga »

Hi Edward,
Please check this timing information.
It seems like huge freezed time gap before start HTML parsing (Script evaluation)

Thanks,
Jagath.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (133.79 KiB) Viewed 4930 times
Timing.png
Timing.png (166.16 KiB) Viewed 4931 times
Edward

Post by Edward »

Hi Jagath,

In order to help here, I think the best way would be to reproduce the issue on our side. Could you please send a simple project that reproduces the problem to support[at]stimulsoft.com?
As you said above the data connection is irrelevant as it was happening with a standard report as well.

Thank you,
Edward