Custom Reports allowing User to create their own Reports

Stimulsoft Reports.NET discussion
aparajithacn

Custom Reports allowing User to create their own Reports

Post by aparajithacn »

Hi All,

I have a requirement to develop a feature in our application to allow Users to create Custom Reports of their choice and save them for them to revisit and view Reports. How can we accomplish this using Stimulsoft.Net. Please suggest...
HighAley

Re: Custom Reports allowing User to create their own Reports

Post by HighAley »

Hello.

The users could use our Designer to create report templates and then open them in the Viewer.
You could find many samples on GitHub.

Thank you.
johnham

Post by johnham »

I wanted to add a quick note about your use case. Our software company did exactly what you are describing using Stimulsoft Reports.NET around 10 years ago and it is completely awesome. We were able to pass connection info automatically to the designer and disable other datasources so that people could and would only focus on our data. We were also able to brand it and hook the load and save dialogs to redirect saving and loading report templates to into the SQL database. We were able to provide import and export and even password protect report templates. Some of our customer and software dealers have really taken off and made some reports tailored perfectly for them.

If you need any help with this project, feel free to ask me. Awesome report tool and even better developer tool!
Thanks,
John Hamilton
Hamilton & Company, LLC
Alex K.

Post by Alex K. »

Hello,

Thank you for your information.